Search results

1. carfiend

Allan and Allan - Manners are Free

Well so I have been looking around at insurance for a new car and I as put through to Allan and Allan. The phone jockey then asked me the car, my age and the best price I have had who then promptly hung up when I was in mid sentence. So there you go guys and girls. A good example of how not to...
  2. carfiend

My Teg has been half inched - Y948 PVJ

Stolen from High Wycombe around 20:30 23rd June. Someone posing as a guyer took the keys out my hands and drove off. So yeah if you see a Blue DC5 in the London area with the reg in the title call the Sweeney would ya? Ta.
  3. carfiend

Keith Michaels Insurance = Winnar

So its that time of the year where the money printing device known as car insurance makes its visit to my wallet. 24 with 4 years no claims and no convictions C grade Postcode. Not bad, but since I am young and therefore likely to die in a flaming death crash ( :roll: ) I expect the usual crap...
  4. carfiend

Engine Management light on after a skid

Without going into details about shitty Ford Fiesta Drivers cutting me up had a bit of a skid at 70 early this morning on the M40. When I had some to a stop I got around to noticing that the engine had stalled and the engine management light was on. It took a few goes to get the engine started...
  5. carfiend

Insurance jump from 24 - 25

Getting on a bit now, the knees going and all that and next year I am 25. Now seeing as this is often given as the magical age of cheaper insurance how much in people experience am I likely to see drop off? Is it substantial or will I still be bent over for trying to drive something fun and...
  6. carfiend

Interesting letter from Honda

Just wondering if anyone else received a letter from Honda saying that you needed to change your cambelt. Now at first I thought "thats nice it shows they care" then like a vast wall of bricks it hit me. I don't have a cam belt... Now this might just be my ignorance but timing chains only need...
  7. carfiend

Wonder if we can get this retro fitted

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/22 ... ng_satnav/
  8. carfiend

All UK Fuels 2.5% Biofuel from today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7347142.stm So ladies and gentlemen we will get the greenies trying new guilt trip tactics along the lines of "Your burning food stuff that could feed a child in Africa for a year every time you start your car". There is also the down side of putting stuff that...
  9. carfiend

New Head Unit

Got me this Bad Boy http://www.clarionworld.co.uk/stock/wxz468rmp.asp Was Ex display and cost me £350 fitted and they did a nice tidy job as well. Really nice looking and so far no to much to complain about sound wise. Seemed perfect for me as I didn't want a dvd head unit or something...
  10. carfiend

HKS and Blitz exhausts

Does any one supply these for a DC5 in the UK? Cheers me dears
  11. carfiend

For all those who can't afford Mugen Parts

http://www.amazon.co.uk/R-Mugen-Honda-I ... B0007Y69W2 There we go a Mugen DC5 for the living room
  12. carfiend

Grinding Noise in first and second

Ok I look at the other posts about grinds and rumbles but I am not sure if my one fits there descriptions 100%. Basically sometimes, usually when the car is cold when I pull away in first and change to second I get a short rumble/grind sound coming from around the drivers foot well around and...
  13. carfiend

OEM Seat Bolsters

Got a question for you guys. The bolsters on the OEM seats, are they adjustable in their height and angle? Picking up my DC5 on Saturday and just wondering if they can be moved about just for those really long trips. Thanks in advance
  14. carfiend

Best say hello

Been bothering you all already so only polite to say hello. Just another speed freak from Surrey here. Been driving a track setup 106 S2 Rallye for over 2 years so need an upgrade. The Teg will be staying standard tho... for now
  15. carfiend

DC5 Insurance for the young and stupid

Hello guys. I am looking into getting a DC5 and came across the site and thin k you would be the best people to ask about insurance in this little gem of an import. Basically at 22 I am put in the reckless, wild and likely to kill myself in a car insurance grouping to start with even with full...