Search results

1. A

New DC5 Owner - What do these do (Picture game)

Yeah that box is a toll payment system. There's a card you put in to pay for the toll roads in Japan had one in the last DC5 I had imported. Completely useless over here :) As bennn said, mirrors should fold in (and then back out) when the ignition is on.
  2. A

Correct Nuts for A/M Alloys?

Cheers everyone. Just found the one they drilled out in the garage and it's M12x1.5 35's so think i'll grab those again. Going to contact a few people as suggested see what the costs are.
  3. A

Correct Nuts for A/M Alloys?

Hi all, I'm finally getting round to replacing the wheel nuts after the tyre shop had to drill one of them out having had a garage over tighten them or something, so I've been 1 nut down for a while. Sounds painful. So now payday has been it's time to get back to normal nut quantity. Question...
  4. A

Correct Goodyear Asymmetric Link

Cheers mate, had 4 fitted today :)
  5. A

I've been checking out the Goodyear F1's in the larger size 225/45 as suggested, but they have 3 different types, with quite a difference in price per tyre...
  6. A

Ok that puts me into the realm of the RE070's then, which appear to be cheaper too. http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s16p13101/BRIDGESTONE_TYRES_CAR_BRIDGESTONE_RE070_POTENZA_BRIDGESTONE_RE_070_-_225_45R17_90W_%28FZ%29_TL_Subaru_Impreza_STi_05
  7. A

They're 8 - 17 according to the purchase invoice the previous owner had. Current tyres are falken 215/45/17.
  8. A

Lol I'm so glad you said that, that just reminded me that i've got 17 Rota Force's. Guess that's what I get for not driving it atm, completely forgot. Think they use the same size tyres or would they be different? Tyres aren't my thing unfortunately :(
  9. A

Hey chaps, Just hoped someone could confirm these are the correct Eagle F1's for the Teg which i've checked on Camskill. I'm 99% sure they are, but I had a last minute panic before forking out £200 notes, as they seemed very cheap in comparison to quotes I'd had from fitters. Will save £30...
  10. A

What does Your Dc5 say about YOU

Mine apparently manages to change my name to "Bruv" around the streets of Essex. That and a "scholar" lol. Being called that by a guy in car park in Chelmsford made me laugh.
  11. A

How much are you paying for insurance?

£470 Fully Comp. (30 yrs old, 10 years NCB, performance car driving for 10 years) Was about £510 in total as I chose to pay by direct debit over 12 months.
  12. A

In dash Android tablet install :-)

Absolutely love this. Just make sure you make it flash up "Danger to Manifold" every so often :) Looking forward to getting rid of my iPhone4 next January and getting an Android based phone (find the iPhone way too limited without jail-breaking), but this has opened up a whole new possibility.
  13. A

APlan < All Others this year

Well renewal time and this year A Plan came up with a storming price. Keith Michaels (current insurer) - £590 Sky - (£530) A Plan - £470 30 years old 10 years driving, 9 years NC - South East Essex, on a Driveway overnight.
  14. A

Clay bars

Ugh, please don't use soapy water/ detergent at any point mate when working on your car you've got the possibility of doing more harm than good :( Claying is time consuming sure, but do it once every 3 or 6 months and it's well worth it as it'll get all the bits of tar and stuck on crud off...
  15. A

Tegiwa Front Numberplate Relocator

Aye it's grown on me a lot, keeps the import look plus I've been pulled once for the sticky plate but they let me go when I mentioned I'd bought the relocator and was waiting to fit it. Yup that's pretty much the look I'm going for, not sure whether to line the bottom of the plate with the...
  16. A

You don't need to cover the brake duct mate, you can position it just to the right of it (left as you look at the front you know what I mean ;) ). That's my plan anyway.
  17. A

I'd thought it used the black plastic brackets under the bumper where the old plate holder used to be. Be interested to see where you'd put it sure, I'm thinking lining it so my base of the plate is flush with the splitter, and at the farthest edge next to the nearside brake duct.
  18. A

Had the bumper off a few times for HID's, just hate putting it back on :)
  19. A

Yeah as I thought, I'm sure I read somewhere that it used the existing holes for the original plate bracket which was what confused me. Did you have to remove the bumper Jochem or was there enough room? I presume it's a bumper off job.
  20. A

Finally got round to taking a look at my Numberplate relocator I purchased from Tegiwa to remove the sticky plate i've got on currently. For the life of me I can't see how it fits onto the bumper without drilling being required to position on the Nearside on the edge of the brake duct...