Tegiwa Front Numberplate Relocator

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
Finally got round to taking a look at my Numberplate relocator I purchased from Tegiwa to remove the sticky plate i've got on currently.

For the life of me I can't see how it fits onto the bumper without drilling being required to position on the Nearside on the edge of the brake duct.

Has anyone used one of the Tegiwa relocators and if so any help on mounting would be hugely appreciated.

Vtequila

Dutchy
Yeah I did but had to drill 2 holes, but you cant see them, only when you drop down on the ground.

Advanced Member
Yeah as I thought, I'm sure I read somewhere that it used the existing holes for the original plate bracket which was what confused me.

Did you have to remove the bumper Jochem or was there enough room? I presume it's a bumper off job.

4JJE

i got one the other day and found the same problem. i dont really want to drill holes as iv just had the bumper smoothed. its currently sitting in my window. I only got it because i thought it went in the original holes. i found the same problem with tegiwa tow hook. i think its all universal fitting.

Vtequila

Dutchy
You will have to take off the bumper if you're gonna drill 2 holes, for me this was the easiest way to work. You will have to fit either the nut or lug on the inside of the bumper anyway. Its not a problem to take off the front bumper, if you want to know how things go behind it :)

I have pictures, if you want to see of how i fitted the relocator but cant upload them untill im back from work.

Apple

Advanced Member
Just 1 of these too ans also thought it used the existing holes.I guess might get the body shop to smooth the bumper and while its off get it on.. Dam did think use existing holes

Advanced Member
I'd thought it used the black plastic brackets under the bumper where the old plate holder used to be.

I have pictures, if you want to see of how i fitted the relocator but cant upload them untill im back from work.
Be interested to see where you'd put it sure, I'm thinking lining it so my base of the plate is flush with the splitter, and at the farthest edge next to the nearside brake duct.

Vtequila

Dutchy
I'd thought it used the black plastic brackets under the bumper where the old plate holder used to be.

Be interested to see where you'd put it sure, I'm thinking lining it so my base of the plate is flush with the splitter, and at the farthest edge next to the nearside brake duct.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have one of these and mine looks pretty similar to the one above regards position. It follows the line of the bumper really. Plate just fits between the splitter and the bumper. (if you know what I mean!) take a look at my thread; My integra DC51VTC.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
Is there any issues with the brake duct being covered ?
Really like the look myself but that's my only worry :)

Advanced Member
You don't need to cover the brake duct mate, you can position it just to the right of it (left as you look at the front you know what I mean ;) ). That's my plan anyway.

Advanced Member
I like the offset plate
Aye it's grown on me a lot, keeps the import look plus I've been pulled once for the sticky plate but they let me go when I mentioned I'd bought the relocator and was waiting to fit it.

Plate just fits between the splitter and the bumper.
Yup that's pretty much the look I'm going for, not sure whether to line the bottom of the plate with the flat edge of the splitter or to have it like yours slightly sunk into the splitter concave.