Search results

1. A

Correct Nuts for A/M Alloys?

Hi all, I'm finally getting round to replacing the wheel nuts after the tyre shop had to drill one of them out having had a garage over tighten them or something, so I've been 1 nut down for a while. Sounds painful. So now payday has been it's time to get back to normal nut quantity. Question...
  2. A

Correct Goodyear Asymmetric Link

Hey chaps, Just hoped someone could confirm these are the correct Eagle F1's for the Teg which i've checked on Camskill. I'm 99% sure they are, but I had a last minute panic before forking out £200 notes, as they seemed very cheap in comparison to quotes I'd had from fitters. Will save £30...
  3. A

APlan < All Others this year

Well renewal time and this year A Plan came up with a storming price. Keith Michaels (current insurer) - £590 Sky - (£530) A Plan - £470 30 years old 10 years driving, 9 years NC - South East Essex, on a Driveway overnight.
  4. A

Tegiwa Front Numberplate Relocator

Finally got round to taking a look at my Numberplate relocator I purchased from Tegiwa to remove the sticky plate i've got on currently. For the life of me I can't see how it fits onto the bumper without drilling being required to position on the Nearside on the edge of the brake duct...
  5. A

Safe to run without Tegiwa/ Gruppe M scuttle

I think I've finally tracked down this evening the problem of my tegiwa intake rattle, it appears to be the scuttle panel rattling on the windscreen. Would it be safe to run the car with the scuttle and scoop off to see if the vibration completely goes and then put it back on thus knowing...
  6. A

Trusted Essex Bodyshop

Hi guys, Just looking for some suggestions as to reputable Essex bodyshops. I've got a small bit of realignment work needs doing just bolting a couple of missing front bumper brackets back on and realigning the bumper, which should be about 2 hours work. I would go to TGM, but it's over 2...
  7. A

Mystery Noise - Sounds like a bic biro being stepped on...

As per the thread title, i've noticed an odd noise coming from the offside of the car. It sounds like a bic biro being stepped on, or being dropped on a concrete floor. I can't seem to replicate it under a specific circumstance, it occurs fairly regularly during normal town driving. At first...
  8. A

Off to the States, anything worth picking up?

I'm off to the U.S at the start of June for a month in Florida. :) Just curious if anyone knows of any parts/ RSX items that might be worth picking up over there on a cost effective basis. I had thought about buying a KPRO while over there, but not too sure if customs would be happy with me...
  9. A

Brake Lights - From 2 to 4?

Got another nice surprise on the car that keeps on giving today when the guy was reversing my car into the dyno, I noticed only the outer brake lights are working when the pedal is pushed, rather than all 4 of the cluster lights. The car also has a hanging fog light from the bumper, so not one...
  10. A

Health Check (includes dyno)... Lean?

Decided that now I've got most of the problems on the car sorted and fixed, it's now on to the quest for getting a bit more power out of her. So to start with I went down to ATSpeed Racing in Rayleigh to get a quick Power Run to check how she was running, and make sure everything was in...
  11. A

Slight Odd One - Rubber Strips near doors - Inny or Outty?

Hi guys, A query regarding the rubber weather strips on the inside of the door frames near the plastic interior by the Recaros. I've noticed on mine while starting to fix a few niggles round the car that on one side the rubber strip is under the plastic interior pieces, and on the other it...
  12. A

Unsure of the size of my nuts

Hoping someone can help me with this, took the Teg to a local wheel and tyre shop to get something looked at and they surprised me by asking where the locking wheel nut key was. I said I didn't have one AFAIK as they weren't locking wheel nuts, the guy said it was an allen key lock? Does...
  13. A

GramsN1

Just wanted to put up a post re: Sam (GramsN1). The guy has been simply superb with helping me source all sorts of odds and sods and annoying parts to help put my Teg back to A1 condition. I've had a Fujitsubo exhaust, OEM Sttering Wheel + Airbag, Cotton Reel, Seats, ECU's all of which have...
  14. A

Detailing a CW - Advice

So with my 4th DC5 being CW, it's proving to be the most difficult to detail compared to the others. The main problem I'm having is simply not being able to see where the polish and wax has been placed on the car clearly. It wasn't an issue on the coloured Tegs as the white residue of the wax...
  15. A

Think my DC5 is possessed - Nasty groan at 4.5k in every gear

Now that I can drive the Teg in straight line following a full suspension replacement one has discovered a new problem with the car, seeming demonic possession of the engine bay... ¬¬ At 4.5k in every gear there's an incredibly loud groan that permeates the entire car. I've uploaded a video...
  16. A

Things you don't want to find in a new Teg...

So bought my replacement DC5 on Wednesday after chopping my NHB in with a trader for a surprisingly reasonable offer. Seems in pretty decent condition and obviously the build thread on here showed a lot of what had been done to it. Started prepping a list of the things that need doing...
  17. A

Keith Michaels

Just a +1 for Keith Michaels from me. :xgrin: A-Plan Renewal Quote came in at £690 Bell, Admiral, Elephant, Adrian Flux etc... all around £1k+ ! ¬¬ Sky - Mid £600's Keith Michaels - £580 29 Years Old, 8 years No Claims, Fully Comp and Excess Protected. :xyes:
  18. A

To sell or not to sell and mod that is the question...

Hey all, Looking for some advice at the moment as I'm in a quandry... My current DC5 has 75k on the clock, a 53 Plate that i've owned for 6 months. I've stuck about 4k miles on it in that time, and sorted out issues on it from when it was imported so it's pretty much spot on now bar a few...
  19. A

Torque GT & as always TGM

Thought I'd pop a post up here to mention the great service I've had from both these companies in the past week. Torque GT Picked up my 3rd DC5 a 53 plate NHB from Mike a week ago. :D Mike has been amazingly helpful throughout answering a shed load of emails and phone calls, primarily as...
  20. A

Hidden bits off my new DC5

Have been going over my new DC5 (number 3!) I picked up from Mike @ Torque last Thursday and noticed this item in the engine bay: Seems like it's hooked into the fuel line. Some research comes up as TOP-FUEL ZERO-1000 Fuel Power NEO which is supposed to "increase torque, BHP & fuel...