Search results

1. D

Mapping... Concern?

I have had quite a few EP3's and DC5's over the years but a car with the usual bolt ons and mapped I have always found to be much quicker than stock, you have vtec and much more useable power from usually 4500-8500rpm whereas the standard cars you are ringing their neck to keep them above 6k and...
  2. D

Treating arch rust

That's at the very early stages Dotty, but as others say it's a PITA to keep it away. A good paint shop should manage to bare metal that and paint only the lip itself using a soft edge to the quarter so shouldn't really be a noticeable repair. You don't want to let it creep any further though...
  3. D

DC5 buying advice

I'm always wary of cars that have 'just been converted' to mph after being in the country years, it's an easy and sneaky way of wiping off a load of miles. If it has been in the country a while and had a few owners I would take the reading as mph and not kmh. At least that way you won't be...
  4. D

Front door speakers

I used to have 6.5'' Focal polyglass in the doors with spacers, Focal tweets in the dash and 12" JL sub & amp neatly in the back, Alpine active head unit, so no need for crossovers. Just had it as a 3 way system didn't bother with speakers in the rear. Had this in both my previous DC5's, sound...
  5. D

How To....Replace Cam Cover

Should never need to use Hondabond or any sealant, surfaces clean, a smear of high temp grease, torque it down evenly and it will never leak. Have changed loads of them.
  6. D

What could be putting people off?

I think it's just a sign of the way things are at the moment mate, your valuation seems fair however £6k is still a lot of money to most people and not everyone wants a DC5. There are quite a few for sale at the moment also, If you are really keen to sell I'd be tempted to advertise elsewhere...
  7. D

FL silver DC5 - £6500 on Pistonheads

No worries Sonia, as mentioned by the others above, you will pay quite a bit more for a fault free immaculate one and now they are getting older can be difficult to find. All the best with the search.
  8. D

:xlol: Crikey and I've got a reputation for being fussy! What were you expecting a new car? To put some answers to your faults; (I have owned two DC5's before inc a fresh import which was almost new at the time, I consider myself to be a good judge of a car) Front bumper not lined up...
  9. D

Thanks, been busy cleaning and detailing today, it's coming along nicely. None of that caper with this one thankfully, it's all original.
  10. D

Collected this a couple of days ago :xhappy: Back staying with my parents for a while and could really do with a second car so going to be sharing it with my dad, will be mainly his as I have my DC2 although it's more track focused, so from one elderly owner to another! The old guy that owned...
  11. D

This Girl's Rare Integra DC5 Will Make Honda Fanboys Happy

Can't take youtube comments seriously, wouldn't worry within a day or so it will turn into a bunch of 14-16 yo American kids arguing between themselves about how their big bros 'boosted' si hatch will kick the ass out any riced out bla bla bla bla and how the type R doesn't exist and it's a myth...
  12. D

Anbody gone to see this DC5 for sale on PH. ?

Don't think that is fairly priced at all. You could be looking at a fresh import from a reputable dealer with a warranty for that price, possibly with a lower mileage.
  13. D

me again .... help :)

Would consider 8k an excellent budget for a DC5 today, I sold my arctic blue one for 10.5k in 2008! Only had 45k, don't think I've seen a better one since :( Don't get desperate and buy an average one as you should be a able to buy a really nice one for that. Mine, before I sold it below.
  14. D

HOT Croft 19/07/13...

Signed up for Donnington evening with HOT on the 22nd also, you get a £50 refund if your doing Croft and Donnington which means Donnington only costs £75! Bit of a bargain me thinks :xgrin:
  15. D

HOT Croft 19/07/13...

No doesn't matter, just need to sign up on HOT, the Croft thread & booking link etc is in there.
  16. D

HOT Croft 19/07/13...

Just paid for this, will be an awesome day if it's like the last time I was at Croft, bit of a bargain too, get your name down folks, well worth a journey! :xgrin:
  17. D

Crank pulley dimensions

Has anyone got a standard DC5 crankshaft pulley knocking around they can measure for me or some definite dimensions? Cheers Dave.
  18. D

Removing air con, what size aux belt?

Great, thanks xthumbup
  19. D

EP3 has electronic power steering though, i.e no power steering pump to be driven. Will search again, didn't find anything the first time.
  20. D

Busy gathering parts for my K swap, just wondering if anyone here was running with out Air con but keeping power steering. What length auxiliary belt did you use? Cheers Dave.