Anbody gone to see this DC5 for sale on PH. ?

yosin

Advanced Member
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody from here knows this DC5 on sale.

I live a down by London and this car is up Cheshire so its very far away to go and have a look. I am also waiting for my car to be sold, so i ain't in a mega rush just yet.

Have been in touch with the seller and exchanged lots of messages with him etc and it all sounds good. He has had a few people go and view the car, but in the end never sold it.

I like it and everything he says sounds A*. However maybe theres something that the viewers saw that wasn't mentioned which put them off from buying it.

So this goes out to anybody who knows of the vehicle or have gone to view it, any info would be great, thanks xthumbup

Heres the link: (if this is allowed??)

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/integra/honda-integra-type-r-dc5-2003/1156288

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Looks good, and it states that he's owned the car sold it then bought it back again, wouldn't of done that if it was a no go. But then any one could say that I gess,, he sounds like he appreciates the car and might not budge on price check for the faults on here and what people tend to have problems with and check it out.. Best thing to do is go have a look, check out the paper work, spend as long as you need checking over the car. I went all the way up to Glasgow to get mine and I live south London, just means if its the right car your have a brilliant drive back, if its not o well just saved your self 8 grand :). Good way to look at it :).

yosin

Advanced Member
Alexander0628 said:
Looks good, and it states that he's owned the car sold it then bought it back again, wouldn't of done that if it was a no go. But then any one could say that I gess,, he sounds like he appreciates the car and might not budge on price check for the faults on here and what people tend to have problems with and check it out.. Best thing to do is go have a look, check out the paper work, spend as long as you need checking over the car. I went all the way up to Glasgow to get mine and I live south London, just means if its the right car your have a brilliant drive back, if its not o well just saved your self 8 grand :). Good way to look at it :).
I noticed from your thread on when you purchasedyoyr car that you got AA put to look at it. Never occured to me but sounds like a good idea being so far out. Did you just arrange for AA to go out then report back to you, or was you present at the time also? Was it the basic inspectio. Or the comprehensive inspection carried out? For the extra 50 quid i dont think the comprehensive is much different from the basic as the most important and major inspections are carried out in the basic option.

Just reading a few of the problems people are encountering or have encountered when they purchased their vehicle even if it was through the importers is scary and the amount of money they have spent in bringing it back to scratch is frightening! Especially with the car i have now is in top condition!

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
All depends on your budget buddy, I always say with any car performance or not you should budget a little bit extra, just in case. Iv already spend a little over 500 pounds only had her for just over a month. Worth every penny :). If you do the main checks before you by her then its only gonna be things like tyres ect that your gonna need to replace but all adds up.

With regards to the AA check was 100% worth it, first because I couldn't see the car for my self so I needed an mechanic really to inspect the car before I even considered booking flights ect. Also if the guy declines he's obviously hiding somthing. Second because altho I'm quite clued up with motors, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thats this has happened to, the first teg I went to see, I had a pen and paper with a big list of things to check, after the guy had took me out in it, I had completely forgot all about the things I was looking for and just wanted to buy this teg, lucky for me my old man dragged me away :). So it's always best to have some one else look at the car who knows what their looking at.

The AA check was really easy to do as we'll contact the seller, let him know you wanna have one done then ring up the AA, let them know its an import, and there book you in for a day. You are not present when they do the check but they give you there engineers number and the time it's gonna take place, I just simply called the engineer before the inspection and asked him to kindy watch out, and look out for the things I had read up on in this forum. Gear box, engage vtec, pulling to one side, leaky boot ect. He then rings you after and explains what he thinks and talks your through his report, for the sake of 200 pounds when your spending like me 9000 pounds worth every penny, not much different than having your own mechanic check it over. Pay for the comprehensive not worth trying to save your self 50 quid when you have 8 grand at stake.

Hope that helps bud.

DC5DAVE

Don't think that is fairly priced at all. You could be looking at a fresh import from a reputable dealer with a warranty for that price, possibly with a lower mileage.

yosin

Advanced Member
DC5DAVE said:
Don't think that is fairly priced at all. You could be looking at a fresh import from a reputable dealer with a warranty for that price, possibly with a lower mileage.
How much do you feel they should be going for? I've seen most private sales up for around 7-8k to be fair apart from the ones in Ireland which tends to be lower priced.

From reading some of the threads of some members buying fron reputable dealers they have also encountered problems.

yosin

Advanced Member
Alexander0628 said:
All depends on your budget buddy, I always say with any car performance or not you should budget a little bit extra, just in case. Iv already spend a little over 500 pounds only had her for just over a month. Worth every penny :). If you do the main checks before you by her then its only gonna be things like tyres ect that your gonna need to replace but all adds up.
With regards to the AA check was 100% worth it, first because I couldn't see the car for my self so I needed an mechanic really to inspect the car before I even considered booking flights ect. Also if the guy declines he's obviously hiding somthing. Second because altho I'm quite clued up with motors, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thats this has happened to, the first teg I went to see, I had a pen and paper with a big list of things to check, after the guy had took me out in it, I had completely forgot all about the things I was looking for and just wanted to buy this teg, lucky for me my old man dragged me away :). So it's always best to have some one else look at the car who knows what their looking at.
The AA check was really easy to do as we'll contact the seller, let him know you wanna have one done then ring up the AA, let them know its an import, and there book you in for a day. You are not present when they do the check but they give you there engineers number and the time it's gonna take place, I just simply called the engineer before the inspection and asked him to kindy watch out, and look out for the things I had read up on in this forum. Gear box, engage vtec, pulling to one side, leaky boot ect. He then rings you after and explains what he thinks and talks your through his report, for the sake of 200 pounds when your spending like me 9000 pounds worth every penny, not much different than having your own mechanic check it over. Pay for the comprehensive not worth trying to save your self 50 quid when you have 8 grand at stake.
Hope that helps bud.
Thanks for that buddy, very helpful!

yosin

Advanced Member
Found out bit more information, the previous owner is from halstead, Essex. It appears they had it for 2 years before finally sold to this current owner.