Search results

1. G

Stupid question i know but need your help

Would anybody be able to tell me when fitting lowering springs(tanabe),when looking at the coils(5 in all) you have three very close to each other then the other two start to have a bigger and bigger gap in between them. What i need to know is,does the closely wound coils(3 of)sit on the bottom...
  2. G

300 POUNDS FOR 12 MONTHS TAX!!!IS THIS RIGHT???

I've just had my tax renewal form today,it's the first time i'll be taxing the car as it came with 6 months when it was imported in and it's 300 pounds :shock: :shock: :shock: for 12 months and 165 pounds for 6 months :shock: :shock: :shock: is this right?????The car was first registered on...
  3. G

K-pro cd program needed

I've miss laid my K-pro tuneing program :( ,would anyone know were or how i can get another cd.Can it be copied,i'll pay anyone that can do it.or does anyone have any numbers i can call.Many thanks :)
  4. G

Mapped k-pro or standard ecu for the next two weeks

In your guys opinion what would be best,my car's going to tdi north in two weeks time to have my k-pro fitted and re-mapped n i've had to fit my toda manifold now due to only now haveing free time and have already got a gruppe m. So my question is i have a k-pro already tuned by cpl for a :-...
  5. G

Aircon pump not kicking in

I turned my aircon on today and the pump won't kick in.You can usually hear it with like a click and nothing,so took a look with a torch and could plainly see that the pump was not turning. The switch on the dashboard still lights up though. :? So i plugged my mates Artic frost...
  6. G

Poor idleing,hunting up and down,help/info needed

Hi there,i was haveing a problem a sticky throttle and discovered it was the throttle butterfly(needed a clean),so i removed the inlet pipe and i accidently broke a outlet on a valve but not sure what to ask for when i ring the honda dealer. Here we go-on the inlet pipe(throttle body to...
  7. G

lost central locking after fitting new stereo, please help

Hi, i fitted my new kenwood double din head unit today, everything working great with no problems. went to lock the car at my local supermarket and nothing, only indicators flashing indicating that vehicle was alarmed and immobilised but not locking. When fitting the stereo had no...
  8. G

Knocking noise when putting foot down hard

Hi,i have a problem with my teg(well i think i do)when i put my foot down hard say in first and second and the car goes to spin i have a very very hard knocking sound comeing through the floor.well i say knocking sound its more like banging.sounds like the bloody driveshaft is comeing through...
  9. G

Speaker wires,black tracer positive or negative???help

Hi,just about to go fit some new speakers and need to know which wires are positive and negative,one is just a plain colured wire and the other is a colured wire with black tracer,i would have thought the negative is the tracer one,am i right or wrong?????? Cant figure out what's what on the...
  10. G

HID Balast gone,help needed as soon as possible.

Hi guys I've been looking through the old posts and can't really find what i want. My headlamps have slight damage on them(slight burn mark on both lamps) and they leak like mad and really let the car down.One of my hids have gone yellowy and doesnt seem as bright as the other side. So...
  11. G

Door interior light switches,haveing problems

Hi,i have a problem with one of my door switches that controll the interior light and dash (door open)light. When im driving along the warning light on the dash flickers and whilst doing this flickers the interior light which i have to turn off. I have had a look at them and the two door ones...
  12. G

Purchased a DC5 need new front tyres for slippy welsh roads

hi, im in some dyer need of some new front tyres, i currenty have bridgestone r's 225/45 R17 and am looking to purchase some new tyres for between £70-110 per corner. i will not be doing any track days etc. just some relitavely fast road use, do i stick with 225's? or go to 215's? i'm having...
  13. G

ohlins suspension need to know some information..please help

hi there, i picked up my DC5 today which is running on full ohlins coilovers, height adjusting, camber adjusting, and damping adjusting and would like some info. on the damping adjusting side of things how do i adjust, i've had a fiddle with the adjusters on top of the struts and they seem...
  14. G

new member,what oil???sorry have searched.

Hi there,i know i'm going to get check the search here,but i have and can't find a straight amswer,for a standard teg which gets driven quite hard what oil do i use for a filter change?????10w40?? ,5w30????,10w60????,fully synthetic,semi synthetic?????????? Very confused about it all regarding...
  15. G

New member and need some info

Hi there,just joined the club on moving up from a dc2 and need a little info The Dc2 i had was quite modified running about 234bhp and although dont want to fiddle with the dc5 as much i want to do a few things to it. The car has already got a mugen twin loop cat back,how good is that system...