lost central locking after fitting new stereo, please help

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
Hi, i fitted my new kenwood double din head unit today, everything working great with no problems. went to lock the car at my local supermarket and nothing, only indicators flashing indicating that vehicle was alarmed and immobilised but not locking.

When fitting the stereo had no continuous 12volts coming through stereo loom so took it from the hazard light switch and accidently blew the hazard light switch fuse, found the fuse under the bonnet, replaced and all ok so abit confused to whats gone wrong. can anybody guide me to where the central locking fuse lives???? i still have interior light, radio etc.
One more thing since fitting the radio when turning the ignition on for the first time the rev clock and speedo pins move up to half way then fall back to their normal positions with no problems afterwards, is this linked in any way do you think?!??!
Any help would be grately recieved, thanks in advance :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you need to disconnect the wire from the hazard switch and either find out why you don't have perm 12v in the loom or run a new wire directly from the battery.(which could well be quicker)
With the Honda multiplex system most stuff runs back to the ecu, it is easy to damage this by making random connections and i am certain your misbehaving rev counter and speedo are due to this. hopefully not irreversable.

It is very possible you have tapped in to a feed that maybe looks like perm 12v but is not capable of carrying the current.

Evs

Advanced Member
As Simon suggests I'd run a permanent live directly from the battery to the stereo. Don't forget to fuse it! :D

In terms of fixing the problem, try resetting the ECU - just disconnect the battery for a few minutes to do this.

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
thanks for the info guys,all sorted now,found a blown fuse in the engine bay and i gained the continious 12v back to the stereo,bonus :xcheers:

Basically the fuse stopped the central locking working,made the clocks bounce up and down,stopped the ignition key and headlamps on warning buzzer and buggered up my windows,mad so much can go through a 15amp fuse.must have caught it when i removed the radio.

Thanks again :)

sinnerman

Hi there
been facing the same problem
installed the after market HU. lost the central locking and speedo going half way when i put the car key in ignition. not sure which fuse to change as the diagram isn’t clear. it’s 2001 integra dc5