Search results

1. Croccy

JDM Combe 2019 - Saturday June 1st 2019

Paid. Will be there if the sun is shining lol :)
  2. Croccy

Android Double Din Head Unit

Had my Pumpkin one for ages now and not had any issues with it. Even the support has been good when requesting updates to their apps etc. Got one in the dc5 and one in the ep3 and both have been perfect.
  3. Croccy

No not yet, Mine is still running KitKat at the moment. I think they now have a Lollipop firmware but you have to request it from them and I haven't bothered yet. Think I read some people are running Cyanogenmod on it. But not sure what if any functionality they would lose.
  4. Croccy

Yeah, there is a setting on the stereo for that :). I think it was just in with the Android settings. I can look later if you can't find it. But yes it is set as 30 second delay as default before the stereo actually turns of. I've not tried changing it yet to see what the minimum is.
  5. Croccy

With regards to the "Capacitor" are you talking about the delay to reboot it? If so there is an option somewhere that tells it how long to sit in a standby mode before it really powers off. As default I seem to remember it being set at 30 seconds. I think the CPU in them is actually not bad...
  6. Croccy

It was a while ago now but I'm sure I used the surround that came with it. Same stereo as you have bought. Maybe they changed the surrounds over the last year.
  7. Croccy

HID kit

I've used aftermarket HID kits on the Teg and the Civic for years. Sure the ballasts tend to go after a year or so, but they are about £10 to replace so who cares! I have now just ordered something different to try. A set of new LED bulbs, D2R fitment. Will see how bright they are but they...
  8. Croccy

Yes you can adjust the brightness easy enough. I downloaded an app off the play store that auto adjusts it depending on the time on day.
  9. Croccy

Not the best photo but it's all I have on my phone at the moment. https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjGIoroT4jw1iLBcPZ-OC3Wy38JGFQ My link I posted in my second post was actually this stereo, but it looks like Amazon have changed the links so it now points to the wrong one :P My stereo actually has the DVD...
  10. Croccy

That's the one I bought for myself. Not had any issues. Looks like they updated Android on them now too. :)
  11. Croccy

Hi, Yes it has full play store access. I haven't tried spotify but I use Google Play Music on it with no problems. Never had an android app not work on it apart from Pokemon Go LOL. Matt.
  12. Croccy

Last chance booking for JapDay at Castle Combe (14th May)

Posting in this section for visibility :) There are only a couple of days left to book tickets to be on the ITR-DC5 Club stand for Japday at Castle Combe Circuit. The event is being held on the 14th May. As most people are aware we have always had a club stand at the Japfest car show. But this...
  13. Croccy

I have mine fitted now too. Have bluetooth OBD2 connector and running Torque on the headunit. Swapped out the default launcher for the Google Now launcher so I could customise it a bit more. Have ordered the DAB module for it to see what that is like too. Only thing it could really do with is a...
  14. Croccy

The 6.9inch version doesn't have the knobs. This is the one I have bought for my DC5: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pumpkin-Capacitive-Multi-touch-Navigation-Multimedia-y/dp/B00OB90SOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451590753&sr=8-1&keywords=android+pumpkin You can also buy a DAB addon for £50 if you so...
  15. Croccy

Hi all, Some of you may know from previous posts of mine that I have had a Google Nexus 7 fitted to my DC5 for some time now. It's all wired up with amplifiers etc and has been working perfect for many years. However, when it got to Xmas this year I had a look around for a stereo for the Mrs...
  16. Croccy

Blower Motor Not Working

In the end I ordered a new transistor (Just the component itself) for £1.50 on ebay and a new thermal fuse for about £1. Fitted both and it worked perfectly. Its a really easy fix if you know how to use a soldering iron and a solder sucker.
  17. Croccy

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ , Possible closure of forum

Just make sure that someone at least get s a copy of the database before they lose access. Everything else can be recovered from but without that the forum will have to start from scratch and lose a lifetime of useful information :(
  18. Croccy

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ , Possible closure of forum

It doesn't take much to keep a forum running. Have done several myself in the past. As long as we have access to the forum software and the database it should be easy to transfer to a new host (I'm assuming the guy who runs the forum also hosts it?) Feel free to contact me if you want Simon...
  19. Croccy

Blower Motor Not Working

My needs are greater than hers :)
  20. Croccy

Rear bumper no lip pics please

Not 100% as I have never taken my rear lip off, but I would imagine it would be the same bumper as the standard Acura RSX? http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/03/30/01/23/2002_acura_rsx_coupe-pic-41786.jpeg Someone else might be able to confirm. Matt.