Search results

1. scottj15

Custom front plate bracket

Got a front sticky plate I've been meaning to fit for literally years but just never got round to it. With some of the trouble people have with them I'm thinking of customising the standard braket and plate so that it can be really easily popped on and off, with the sticky plate in place behind...
  2. scottj15

What gasket?

Possibly a nooby (and defiantly boring) question but would be really grateful if someone can just confirm the following... My hall is now full off Mugen manifold/sports cat and fuji RM01a parts ready to be fitted. Have been in contact with TDI North today to get it booked in. From what I...
  3. scottj15

Calling all Fujitsubo and Kakimoto owners...

I'm in the market for a quieter Cat back but one that's still going to give me the performance. Keep hearing Fujitsubo and Kakimoto come up and have watched a handful of youtube videos but they never give the full picture. Just wondered if there was anyone local who had either and wouldn't...
  4. scottj15

Manifold/Cat options

Have had my Decat for getting on two years now. Its the Japspeed manifold/Decat which I'm running with a Powerflow(I think) B-pipe and RS*R Exhaust Cat-Back. Ever since fitting the Japseed and getting it mapped I've loved the increased throttle response and the slight raspy/purr the Decat...
  5. scottj15

Door locking pull/pin part number

Anyone know the part number for the door lock pull up/pins..the things you pull/push in the door to open/close it. Or where I can get some original ones? Ta
  6. scottj15

MOT Advisory...

Bit of a noobie question but had my MOT a couple months ago. On it I had an advisory for 'Play in Steering rack inner joint(s)'. Just wondered if anyone has had this fixed and if so how much I can expect to pay to get it sorted? Have had a look on the net but prices seem to range from £40 - 5...
  7. scottj15

Seized brake caliper..

So I've found I've got a seized caliper on one of my rears. The caliper piston comes out when the brake pedal is pressed but does not go back in. Just wondering if anyone has re-built these themselves before? Have read through a few guides online but just after any comments/opinions from people...
  8. scottj15

Revs hunting/sticky throttle when cold...

Had this for quite a while now but only seems to happen in the mornings, and for the first mile or so. Basically, when I'm driving away in first and pushing the clutch to change to second, the revs don't drop when the clutch is pressed. They stay at where they were in first, or raise slightly...
  9. scottj15

Midlands/South West Body shops?

Need some recommendations for high quality body shops in Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol, Stratford Upon Avon, Oxford sort of radius. Looking for somewhere with a really high attention to detail after recent experiences with some in my area! Fire away... Cheers
  10. scottj15

Radio Surround, paint code/respray options?

While installing my new radio this evening I decided to get the radio surround out and have a go at repairing a fair few deep scratches and marks. It's worked a treat and left the surround as good as new. However just wondering if anyone has resprayed this part in the past? The wet and dry has...
  11. scottj15

Have I got a bulb out?

I noticed the other night that 2 of my thermostat controls etc. are lit up in the middle (The A/C and rear heater) but the furthest left one isn't (for the recirculation button). Could someone please confirm if this is suppose to be like this or weather I've got a bulb out on that button? Cheers!
  12. scottj15

Thanks to Tegiwa Imports

Ordered some parts at 5pm last night and was shocked to see them at my front door at 10am this morning. Great service guys, many thanks! :xyes:
  13. scottj15

Automatic Folding Mirrors

Just wondering if anyone has managed to program their folding mirrors to their alarm so that they fold in/out when locked/unlocked? You see it on a lot of the newer cars and I think it looks quite smart. I use the switch 2-3 times a day when I'm parking at work etc. so would save the hassle of...
  14. scottj15

Broken Manifold Breather Hose

I broke the hose that taps into the inlet manifold today, seems it had got brittle and it snapped as I pulled the hose off. Does anyone know if this will be safe to drive with off? I'm guessing its just a breather pipe? Cheers, Scott
  15. scottj15

RBC - Is it worth porting throttle body?

So I'm picking up an RBC with throttle body adapter tomorrow. I was looking into upgrading the throttle body at the same time but after speaking to TDI North they said it wouldn't really be worth it for the cost and may even cause some jerkyness on part throttle. Instead they recommended porting...
  16. scottj15

Where can I get this trim?

The plastic trim around the cigarette lighter doesn't seem to stay up and it bugs the life out of me! I think the clips behind it have broken off. Anyone know where I could source a new one? Pic Below, Thanks xthumbup
  17. scottj15

DC5 Service stamp book

So the DC5s booked in at Honda at the weekend for the full works service wise. I haven't got a service book for the car but would like to keep a record of it going forward. Where's the best place to get an official DC5 service stamp book if they do one or just a good Honda one if not? Cheers
  18. scottj15

Midlands Honda Tuner?

I'm looking for a reputable tuning company or similar to take care of the majority of my car's needs (be it Servicing, fitting modifications or any problems along the way). Willing to travel (within reason). Who do you people located in Stratford-Upon-Avon/Oxford/Worcester/Cheltenham sort of...
  19. scottj15

Track Camera Setup

Looking at going to the GTI International weekend event in a couple of weeks at Shakespeare Raceway, looking to do a few runs up the strip and just wondered what peoples setups are for on board filming? After something from the rear seats point of view really perhaps with the dials in shot...
  20. scottj15

DC5 numbers in UK...

Recently discovering how few DC5's are for sale on the net from one week to the next, I wondered how many DC5's were actually in the UK. Came across this site... http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/honda_integra_r#!tax According to this they've actually been declining in the UK since 2009...