Search results

1. D

Tie Rod Angle?

Quick question (hopefully) - with stock DC5 suspension - are the tie rods actually horizontal or are they at a angle (higher at the strut end then at the steering rack end)?? I'm asking as I'm working through handling nasties after fitting coilovers - the struts I'm using have 25mm lowered...
  2. D

Crash damage to front n/s steering...

Ok - so I managed to end up in a situation avoiding a truck doing something very stupid last weekend. Long story short I hit a concrete bollard and trashed my lhs wing. Hit that sorted but my front lhs wheel was way out of alignment. Strut and hub were bent but now replaced. Unfortunately it's...
  3. D

MeisterR ZETA-R SuperRace - suppliers??

Hi anyone know who actually stocks the above - the MeisterR authorized re seller ( Cyberspeeds ) doesn't actually list them - which is far from helpful...
  4. D

Are DC5 ITR Brembo 4 pot calipers the same as Seat Leon Cupra R?

Guys - as per title - Are DC5 ITR Brembo 4 pot calipers the same as Seat Leon Cupra R? I have two damaged dust seals - and from what I'm hearing the replacement kit for the DC5 comes in at a frankly ridiculous 75+ quid. I only need two dust seals - these can be bought relatively cheaply for...
  5. D

MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers - all good now?

Currently looking at going to coilovers - there's been a lot of bad press about issues with the MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers- I beleive related to the straight steering arm re-design - from what I understand this is now resolved (think the design was reverted back to the original cranked arm??)...
  6. D

cheap eBay k20 turbo kits - anyone used one?

Has anyone used one of these cheapy eBay kits? (eg 02-05 CIVIC TYPE R 2.0 T3/T4 TURBO CHARGER KIT K20 K20A). The price would suggest its not going to be in the same league as the tdi north kits for example and I'm sure there'd be some fitting issues being meant for the civic but I'd be...
  7. D

Aquaclean (Blue Tint) mirror glass

A fellow road user managed to take out my passenger side mirror glass last night - does anyone know where I can get a replacement Aquaclean (blue tint) mirror glass? I have a clear one I had spare in there for the moment but ideally would like to get a replacement blue one.
  8. D

Buddy Club P1 racing extended ball joints

Does anyone know the extent of the adjusatability of the Buddy Club P1 racing extended ball joints? I'm looking at a set of these to replace my worn OEMs. But - I run at standard ride height - these say they a re 'adjustable' - are they adjustable to the stock length of the OEM ball joints...
  9. D

Oil Filter Change

Hi - has anyone got any innovative ideas of how not to get oil all over the O/S driveshaft and subframe when changing the oil filter....?
  10. D

Stuff sliding around in the boot..

Has anyone got a solution (aside from slowing down more on corners...) to stuff sliding around in the boot? I barely use mine as I can't be doing with the sliiiide-clunk noise of whatevers in there being slowly battered on my daily rat run... Some sort of cargo net thing would probably do but...
  11. D

ESMM confusion

Hi can anyone tell me which mounts the ESMM (http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=4225) ...actually replaces on from this diagram? It says its a four piece kit - does this mean it replaces the bushes in front (7), rear (2) left (2) and right (4) hand side mounts?? Cheers, Ed.
  12. D

FP Racing Speedo Converter

Hi, My ITR is fitted with the usual electronic speedo (KPH to MPH) converter. Thing is it doesn't delimit the car - it only performs the conversion. Looking at the Funky Power website they advertise one which the claim does delimit also (at least on 90% of vehicles) Has any one got this...
  13. D

Slight clunk noise

Hi - I noticed my DC5 has developed a very slight clunk when gently applying power - it's barely audiable but there nonetheless - I'm guessing its a worn gearbox mount / powertrain bush or something along those lines - can anyone point me towards the likely culprit?
  14. D

Original Price

Anyone out there got any idea what the DC5 cost new in Japan back around 2003 (or really any year tbh)??
  15. D

Wheel Alignment in the midlands

...Anyone know of a reputable wheel alignment outfit in the Midlands - would rather take it to someone who knows the car rather than a general alignemnt shop...
  16. D

Team Kunimitsu Earth Kit

Just discovered a Team Kunimitsu engine earthing kit under the spare wheel of my newly accquired DC5 - has anyone got any pics of it installed? - I guess it's been removed to make the bay look more 'stock' but the only pics I've turned up so far relate to a 3 point kit - mine seems to have many...
  17. D

Wheel Nut Torque

Can anyone confirm the standard wheel nut torque for the DC5? - can't seem to find it here but googling around I get 80lbsft.
  18. D

Fujistsubo Power Getter ground clearance

Hi - I picked up my new (to me) DC5 last weekend - all seems well but i must say the ground clearance on the exhaust (Fujistsubo PowerGetter) seems really poor - lookign under the car it really hangs down compared to every other DC5 exhaust i've seen - its not the mounts or anything as the...
  19. D

KW Variant 3

Hi - does anyone know if the KW Variant 3 coilover kits are available for the DC5 - just been browsing their catalogue and I looks as if they only produce a kit for the DC2...
  20. D

Isofix in DC-5

Hi - I'm about to buy a DC-5 needing something reliable and relatively practical but not wanting to go the whole hog and go DERV for a daily driver. Anyway I've searched around the forum and googled for it but I can't seem to find a definative answer to whether the JDM type R has Isofix child...