ESMM confusion

jay82

Advanced Member
i think it was front and rear only two for each mount.
so 7 and 2 on the chart.
i then got the powerflex for the gearbox which was 1 on the chart.

dr_jon3s

Thanks Chaps - looks like they work in conjunction with the stock mounts also rather than replace them as such if what I'm reading is correct.

Evs

Advanced Member
dr_jon3s said:
looks like they work in conjunction with the stock mounts also rather than replace them as such if what I'm reading is correct.
Yes that's correct, basically they fill the 'air gaps' in the OEM mounts with polyurethane.

Kinli

Advanced Member
I tried to install my old ES engine mount inserts from my EP3 type-r, but it was a no-go. The EP3 vs. DC5 engine mounts are different. Who has got these installed and what is the correct product code from energy suspesion?

Funkypower sells these as "EP3 & DC5". yeah, they will fit EP3 and DC5 Acura RSX, but not the JDM DC5 type-r..

EndaITR

Advanced Member
Kinli said:
I tried to install my old ES engine mount inserts from my EP3 type-r, but it was a no-go. The EP3 vs. DC5 engine mounts are different. Who has got these installed and what is the correct product code from energy suspesion?

Funkypower sells these as "EP3 & DC5". yeah, they will fit EP3 and DC5 Acura RSX, but not the JDM DC5 type-r..
I got mine from Funkypower and they fitted :xconfused:

Needed to be squashed in tho...but they have to be fairly tight to be effective :wink: all the recesses lined up though.

jay82

Advanced Member
Kinli said:

i've the ones from the rsx in mine.

qamvti

Advanced Member
Kinli said:

Pretty sure they are the same.
HTH

Kinli

Advanced Member
Well I got the mounts from unit-8 today and as expected, no-go. (at least the rear mount). If you guys have had success with the EP3 / rsx-s inserts the I guess either my cars former owner has got the rear mount changed, or I have some sort of a special edition rear mount. I'm also missing the bolt number 8 in the picture, it is replaced with a normal bolt. Very strange indeed.

Here is a picture of my rear motor mount:

the code on the side:
AV-73166-HG

the code at the bottom of the mount:
HONDA
>PA66-GF50<

I tried the hasport rear mount with 60A rubbers along with a ESMM at the front and it was a bit too much on my EP3. So I guess I have to replace my rear mount with the right OEM one and install the ESMM?

EndaITR

Advanced Member
Very unusual that the front bolt was missing! :eek: Last owner must have swapped mount with something else?

I cant remember what mine looked like but it needed to be removed completely and squashed in hard...they didnt glide in like..

Kinli

Advanced Member
EndaITR said:
Very unusual that the front bolt was missing! :eek:
The special bolt was replaced with a regular bolt. so the bolt isn't actually missing. just the wrong bolt. or is it? there have been variations regarding motor mounts and weights before. For example the facelift EP3 has a extra weight on the drivers side mount versus the non-facelift EP3.

well, anyway, I'll just order the proper mount, it's just 62 dollars + 10 dollars for the special bolt so no biggie.

Kinli

Advanced Member
I got the new rear mount from honda today along with the special bolt.
The new mount is indeed different, and this one seems to fit with the ESMM perfectly.
The questions remains, why did I have a different mount installed and a regular bolt instead of the special bolt, and from which car does the old mount come from?.. The car was otherwise 100% in stock condition when I got it.. weird.