Search results

1. P

Am I Doing Things Correctly ?

These guys got you covered as far as paint goes man.. however I will say when cleaning your wheels, the best stuff you can use is Bilberry Wheel Cleaner! I don't even need to scrub my wheels, just spray it on, leave for 30 seconds and rinse, done! :)...
  2. P

Slight vibration through steering wheel on WOT

Just so you know guys, it turned out to be the coilpacks were on their way out. The vibration we think was caused when in higher load gears (4th, 5th and 6th). The coilpacks were producing enough spark and causing slight engine vibration. - No more issues when we replaced them. :) With the...
  3. P

Door lock power motor - Is this what I need? [pics inside]

Hi guys Just checking that this is the right part to fix the common doorlock motor failing issue, that I have heard is common on DC5s. I got some pics of what the guy at GTBitz thinks I am talking about. It looks like its the whole mechanism. Could someone please confirm that this is what...
  4. P

Problem Drivers Door Wont Lock With Fob

Its the power lock motor mate. Mine is the same. It was intermittent at first and now it's just gone completely. Not sure how much they are from Honda but you can get them 2nd hand too I'm sure, just look for a dc5 breaker on eBay.
  5. P

Which updated disks

Don't trust Dixon mate! He is a complete toffee! I did the same, ordered set of front and rear disc and pads off him. I still havent cancelled the order and that was over a year ago! So much for contacting me! He said next week for like 2 months mate, so I would give up hope now!
  6. P

Sometimes does the car embarrass you ?

To be fair, I don't think you should be embarrassed by anything. It's stereotypical to think that if your suited and booted that you should be turning up in a BMW, Audi, Merc, etc. It's society today that makes sports cars social unacceptable, as anything that is Japanese and sounds loud is...
  7. P

my first ride in a dc5!!!

I agree with Stoo, especially as my dc5 is my daily driver. I wan't to go turbo for this reason, off-boost is as economical as normal and then full boost is a gas guzzler. To be fair, even a standard dc5 at WOT isn't exactly economical anyway, so nothings changing really.
  8. P

Integrastella

Highly recommend! Bought a RM-01A off him for £350!! Bargain! :D Definately a character, he loves the "F word" lol ;)
  9. P

Fuel gauge doesn't work properly below 1/8th of a tank!

Thanks for the replies guys! Very helpful! :) I'll reply to this thread when I solve the issue!
  10. P

Hopefully DC5 owner to be - looking for pre-buying tips!

Good to see your going for a DC5 at such a young age! You won't regret it! :) - How's insurance looking? Must be a fortune! :o One thing I will say is, and this is my personal opinion. Try go for a black interior, I just think the red will get very tatty looking if your going for a daily...
  11. P

I think it's a job for TGM to replace the sensor and reader then! It's so annoying that I gotta fill up a whole 80 miles before, just in case! :(
  12. P

Bulbs

The bulb that lights up the cup holders, what size and rating is that? I am thinking of getting a high-powered bulb to replace it so it glows a bit brighter :)
  13. P

Hi guys Got a problem that I have had for a while now, but keep forgetting to look at it, or merely put off by what I need to do to check it/fix it. Basically, my fuel gauge decides not to read properly after 1/8th of a tank, it seems to just stick at an 1/8th until it runs out of fuel. I have...
  14. P

my first ride in a dc5!!!

x2! This is very intriguing! Sounds like the whole waiting for VTEC to kick in is no longer needed after hearing this. Will save on changing down a gear when going into tight corners on the country roads :) Now we are talking about tuning, does the K100 support VTEC adjustment?
  15. P

Wind Deflector Ripped of on M4 - growing list of inperfections :-(

Ah I feel for you, I have a similar list too :( 1. Front bumper/lip needs replacing - Hit a fox with my lip, snapped the mounts off. Then months later I accidentally bumped into the back of my friends car while pulling out of a junction, he moved forward, hesitated and stopped, I didn't see him...
  16. P

Loud knocking during the wet only...

I find this very odd that this only happens in the wet? Why would water make your exhaust sit any different to make metal to metal contact? :S
  17. P

Slight vibration through steering wheel on WOT

Was it very slight, through the car. Literally can barely feel it?
  18. P

VTEC Hesitating

Ah yes, I never thought of this. Maybe mine is starting to break up! That might be why, when I dont boot it for a while it seems to hesitate, and then the more I give it, the better it gets, hence why Tom @ TGM couldn't feel it!! Oh god, more money! Great! lol
  19. P

Loud knocking during the wet only...

OMG! I thought it was just me! I have had this problem since I have had the car! I have had an OEM exhaust and I now have a Fujibitsu RM-01A cat back. Whenever I go through standing water, it sounds like my exhaust has fallen off, vibrations and sounds like it's blowing! Then after 30secs of...
  20. P

TEAM JAPSPEED IMPREZZA STOLEN FROM POD

Full story on the BBC... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13755547 More info on JapSpeed's site... http://www.japspeed.co.uk/news.asp?newsid=88 Great news on it being found, normally these sort of cars are stripped and gone within a few hours of going missing.