Search results

1. B

Car Cancer!!!

When I first got mine I cleaned the arches and let them dry fully. Then used hammerite and painted the inside of the arch including the inside of the lip around the arch with a nice thick coat. Then I waxoyl'd the whole arch every 6 months. When my car was bought the buyer commented on the great...
  2. B

TPS resistances + TC specs

Result! Thought TPS was ok after adjusting the throttle cable, but still wasn't quite smooth enough for me. Finally managed to check the voltages from output of TPS to ground and they were off slightly (I wasn't pushing the paper clip in the rear of the connector far enough). Now set at 4.5V...
  3. B

Seems me fiddling with the wires or tightening the Throttle cable has sorted all. I am guessing the off resistances were because I was measuring through the connector not directly to the TPS pins.
  4. B

Just adjusted the throttle cable. Wow! much more responsive.
  5. B

Just re-checked the workshop manual. The 5V is correct as it was across pins 1 & 3, not using diagnostics tool. I continued throught the manual and checked resistances across pins 1 and 3 and got 0.9 ohms is which right on limit of 0.5 - 0.9 ohms. Checked resistances across pins 2 and 1 and...
  6. B

Been out tonight to measure voltage across the TPS. Put two paper clips into the back of the plug and measure across these two. Results: Closed Throttle = 5V (reading 5.07V) Open Throttle = 5V (reading 5.07V) I am a bit confused by this as I expected 4.5 on both or 0.5 on both. Any ideas...
  7. B

The IACV is on the bottom of the throttle body. I would try cleaning it first using carb cleaner. There is a guide on here somewhere, I will try and find it. Do the revs stick at 3k when cold until you give the throttle a blip? Sometimes cleaning doesn't work tho, so Dave at Steels can get you a...
  8. B

YC53 FLO & YC53 FOL

That would be interesting to know who imported it. Don't the importers use the same DVLA station for each import and therefore wouldn't the plate start the same, if it was the same importer?
  9. B

Tomlin, Just read through your posts. Mine seemed a bit similar to you, but not as bad. I had the hunting issue before, but the revs would hang at 3k which turned out to be the IACV, when very cold the car would kangaroo when slowing down to turn into junctions. I changed the IACV and the...
  10. B

Cheers Tomlin. The car is completely standard. Do you know if the TPS is adjustable by rotating it? If this is the case, was the new one installed at the correct angle? I am getting a multimeter today to check voltages from the TPS under no throttle and full. Need to put two paper clips into...
  11. B

Iron X

I bought mine from I 4 detailling. Other places didn't have stock.
  12. B

Iron X

Great! I was after shifting those annoying rust spots. will post up pics soon.
  13. B

Iron X

Hey, Iron X - Anyone used it before? Just received my bottle of Iron X today. For those who don't know what it is; it apparently dissolves all ferrous contaminants on paint and alloy surfaces, even the ones you can't see. So I will be giving this a go hopefully this weekend on the alloys, will...
  14. B

Wind Deflectors

Thought about using it on the headlights but wasn't sure. But if you say it works then I will give it a go.
  15. B

Wind Deflectors

I know someone recently posted about PlastRx on the wind deflectors. Whilst following PORTHOS' instructions on using ultimate compound on the paint, I tried some on the wind deflectors (Applied by hand - very easily) and they came up like this: Before After Thought it was a great...
  16. B

I have found the TPS voltages to be 4.5V at full throttle and 0.5V when closed from the RSX manual Any ideas on the cable tolerance?
  17. B

Right........ I previously had a problem with poor idle and the car jerking when decelerating. The following have been done with the outcomes described. IACV changed and TB cleaned - Now has fine idle and no jerking. Although, when pressing the accelerator or holding it just below the top it...
  18. B

Cleanaholics Anonymous

The AG SRP contains fillers, so it will leave fillers on the paint.
  19. B

Insurance on a Y-reg

I was in the same situation last year. Tried with admiral and not registered on the net. But don't fear..... Give them a call and they will manually change the details to read 2001 Y-reg. Just make sure they know its a DC5 though. Beware though, you may get someone on the phone who doesn't...
  20. B

Cleanaholics Anonymous

Porthos.........Are you a meg's salesman or do you have some deal going with them to buy in bulk at discounted price? haha Seriously tho...Fantastic collection!