Search results

1. The Lum

Funny noise.

Ive noticed on a few occasions a buzzing noise like a proper bzzzz like a cheap door bell noise or to describe it better its a proper noise rather than a vibration noise. It sounds like it comes from below the steering wheel and on the right. I notice it mainly when braking and slowing to a...
  2. The Lum

Ipad2 or ?

So was giving a little thought to getting an Ipad2 for travelling about and web surfing in the house rather than the laptop. Any thoughts on it or its competition?
  3. The Lum

Performance Monitoring Gauges eg Apexi Rev Speed/Greddy Info

A while back at the Scottish meet in Perth 1 of the guys had the Apexi Rev Speed Metre fitted. Just wondered if anyone else has one and how they find it? I am looking at it as well as the Greddy Infometre/ Infometre touch.
  4. The Lum

Winter Tyres.

I currently work for BMW and at the moment they are having a big push on Winter Tyres. I've had a look but am struggling to find 215/45 profiles. Anyone have an opinion on using 205/50 instead?
  5. The Lum

Exhaust centre box problem/question

As some of you may know my Kakimoto's centre box has deicided to loosen the padding inside and now rattles like a bone in roses tin. So someone suggested repacking it. My questiong is if I had the centre box opened and the padding removed would then resealed the box would it effect performance...
  6. The Lum

Kakimoto centre box problem.

On Sunday night when idle I could hear a rattle from the exhaust that went away with any revs. So today I had it in at an exhaust company that I know who suggested that the problem was the baffle within the centre box had come loose and was vibrating. They say its not an urgent problem at the...
  7. The Lum

Track day lap time sheets?

Maybe a daft question and probably differs from track to track but do you get a lap time sheet like you do at a 1/4 mile drag session at a track day? If not how do others note their lap times?
  8. The Lum

Indcution kit fitting / Airbox removal

I've done a search and can exactly find what I am looking for here. I am looking for a "how to" or "write up" on how to remove the standard airbox so as I can fit a new induction kit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  9. The Lum

Interior bulbs question.

I done a quick search and didnt really find an answer to this. What I am wondering is on the dials (ac, heater speed, tacho, speedo etc) they all light up red. Is this a series of red coloured bulbs or normal bulbs but the dials have red plasitc/what ever on them to make them shine red? Any...
  10. The Lum

Lambo doors.

I know these are love it or hate it and I am not saying I plan to do it I am just asking for some info here. Does anyone have them and if so where did they get them? Also how much grief was involved in fitting them.
  11. The Lum

Kakimoto exhaust

I've discovered today that the joint/flange where my back box meets the center section (behind rear drivers wheel) has a blow in it. It looks to have originaly been sealed with putty (gun gum or similar idea) which worked but has gone hard and brittle now and blown out of it now. So question is...
  12. The Lum

Retrofit New Civic steering wheel to pre facelift ITR?

I like the Momo wheel thats fitted to the car but mine looks like its seen slightly better days. My mate has a new shape civic type r and the steering wheel in it is really cracking. I realise the controls wouldnt work but the wheel itself would look good. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
  13. The Lum

Blue H Badges

I am looking for some little simple mods for the car and thought about getting some H badges for the front and rear (and maybe wheels) that are blue rather than red. I found these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-type-r-badg ... 1e5bde0160 but it lists as not fitting past 2000 cars but...
  14. The Lum

Stirling (Scotland) based newbies.

Hi folks. My gf and myself are in the middle of buying our first Integra. It's a 2004 pre-face lift in Artic Blue (hope that's the right colour). It's an 04 with 28k miles. Totally standard from what I can tell other than a Kakimoto cat back system. Very nice & tidy car for the age. Should be...