Winter Tyres.

The Lum

Advanced Member
I currently work for BMW and at the moment they are having a big push on Winter Tyres. I've had a look but am struggling to find 215/45 profiles. Anyone have an opinion on using 205/50 instead?

eXceed

Resident Driver
Same boat mate, can't find the right size... And they're more expensive than my summer tires :eek:!

The Lum

Advanced Member
Seen Kuhmo winter Tyres in the right size but through my work I can get the other size much cheaper.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I just bought a set of 4 hankook ice bears in 205/50/17's for winter.... i'd rather spend the extra money on the tyres for winter than the potential for crashing on crappy tyres. Earlier this year my DC5 lay up for 2 1/2 months because good year eagle F1's are terrible in the snow.

Chris_M

Advanced Member
Thread revival.

I've got a longer commute to work this winter, so I'm thinking of buying some steelies and winter tyres.

Is there updates to this thread and what tyre is best?

nellly

Advanced Member
the problem you will have with steel wheels is getting them over the front brakes. i am sure i have seen 16's from a crv fit but i may be making that up.

Funky Tyres

Members
We have some good stock in 215/45/17 :)

Had a few orders for the Kumho I-Zen KW27 which is a mid range sort of tyre.

Most people ask for the Ultragrip 8 Performance or Dunlop Winter 4D but they are put off by the price of them.

Bridgestone do some fairly decent priced LM25/LM35's :)