Search results

1. SuperFLY

Hello New DC5 owner had an itch i had to scratch

Welcome :) Had exactly the same myself for nearly 5 years.. cracking cars. Enjoy it!
  2. SuperFLY

Hazard Switch - removal

IIRC just pull the dash out, unplug it and it should just unclip from the back
  3. SuperFLY

DC5 speakers, help?

If you're sure the speakers have gone and it's not the wiring... I put 17cm (6.5") speakers in the front of mine. You'll need adapters. The astra ones work well enough...
  4. SuperFLY

Greenlight Insurance - Give them a try!

Probably the best performance/modified car insurer (broker) out there. All the other so called insurers can't come close to them in quotes or in knowledge/attitude. Such a shame I've had to cancel my insurance with them recently as they won't insure me on my potential new car. (over £20k and...
  5. SuperFLY

Dumbest mistake you've made with your DC5

been guilty of that one on a few occasions. my best was right after i bought it. pulled up at a mates house to show him the car. turned out he wasn't in so went to leave and couldn't start the car. sat there for 5+ mins fiddling about, arming/disarming the alarm etc.. was literally about to...
  6. SuperFLY

MFactory helical LSD?

I had an mfactory helical lsd in my ep3 before the teg and I must say the mfactory felt much better. Just more capable, it's hard to differentiate being different cars and all but from my point of view I did prefer the characteristics of the mfactory one. Think the oem one is a quafe so pretty...
  7. SuperFLY

Refurbed my headlights yesterday

and I'm quite happy with the results :) I have no patience for sanding but thought I'd spend £20 on a kit and see if it works.. if not I'd buy some new units but you know, it's actually done a really good job. Hard to get decent pics in the sunlight but hopefully you get the jist. Only...
  8. SuperFLY

Neighbour purposely crashed into my DC5.

1st thing I'd do is get a security camera recording pointing at your drive/car. If he decides to come back or 'let his handbrake off' again then you'll have it on camera
  9. SuperFLY

MeisterR coilover owners

haven't really done them properly if im honest. think mine are just 5 clicks in from softest front and rear. had them at 3 but it was a bit wallowy. if people recommend different settings (generally) front to rear I'd be happy to hear some advice myself :)
  10. SuperFLY

Passenger window surround - paint wearing off

lol does the job pretty well :D
  11. SuperFLY

That's the fella! cheers :)
  12. SuperFLY

Another Happy Greenlight Customer

I phoned Neil to discuss my renewal the other day and was on the phone for over half an hour!!!!!!!! ... 25mins of which were just chatting about cars :D heh Great service again for what is it? 9th year in a row for me? One thing I did like (not a new thing with greenlight) was that...
  13. SuperFLY

Heya, yeh I've been quite busy over the last few months. Barely posted in any of the owners forums I used to for months. Trying to come back a bit more though :) Here's a pic to make it nice and clear what I'm on about As you can see its just starting to flake/wear off in the middle. the...
  14. SuperFLY

Hey all, I've noticed that the paint on my window surround is wearing off. Flaking off so I've got an unsightly line of silver coming through. The easiest thing would be to re-paint it but I'm not sure how easy/hard it'll be to get off and what paint to use. (I'd presume a hammerite would do)...
  15. SuperFLY

me again .... help :)

I've had 2 EP3s and now the DC5.. I loved my EP3s but I haven't properly 'jelled' with the DC5. I think it's because its similar to the EP but not an EP if you know what I mean. It's a lovely car but just sometimes you just don't fall for one for whatever reason. I have the standard parts...
  16. SuperFLY

me again .... help :)

Almost tempted to offer mine, keep thinking about changing it but I hadn't considered doing that for the next few months and there are a couple of bits I want to put right first (couple of minor cosmetic things) if you might be interested (check my build thread link in my sig) then give me a...
  17. SuperFLY

Boomerang-tag from brentacre

many times. insurance thing for your keys so if you lose them they can replace them. read the booklet that comes with it ;)
  18. SuperFLY

Wobbly handling

had the same issue.. lobbed all my suspender + chassis stuff on it and the handling still sucked. tom was really confused.. had it setup 3 times and in the end decided it was the tyres. got a new set and voila.. perfect handling if you geo is out it can easy wear the tyres weirdly and cause all...
  19. SuperFLY

Green light just made my day!!

wtf are you on about?
  20. SuperFLY

soon to be dc5 owner on the Wirral

welcome :) good luck with selling the car.. not easy at the moment; no one wants to spend any money