soon to be dc5 owner on the Wirral

Ezza

Advanced Member
Helen, not sure if you are aware but when you look for your DC5 make sure its registered as PLG so the annual road tax is £220, some are registered by emissions and the annual renewal is £400 :(

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
Helen, not sure if you are aware but when you look for your DC5 make sure its registered as PLG so the annual road tax is £220, some are registered by emissions and the annual renewal is £400 :(
thank you for this! :) ... My car has now been put on eBay as I declined the deal on the dc5 I found last week! so I'm still on the lookout for a blue one preferably with the C pack

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
chrex said:
What made you leave it in the end then? Something just not right?
Basically, the lad seemed nice enough, but he offered me a wrong price for my car as part ex first (he didnt even seem to know what the car was?! nit strange for someone running a car business) and then said wouldn't give me tax which was first included as he'd have to wait for my plate transfer and the car would take up space and waste money. Communication wasn't too hot, the excitement of getting the car just went as it took a while for replies and then the deal changed. He just kept back tracking, and I got fed up and felt messed around! I think it failed the MOT and needed money spending on it, as its still for sale and he's put the price up £200! I've now found 2 dc5s within about 60 miles of me which are catching my eye! Just need to sell my fiesta!

chrex

Advanced Member
Fair do's...yea something not quite right there then. Well keep on the hunt and get it right first time so you arent left regretting it - which is what you've done so far! Hope you get one soon so you can enjoy it before the summer goes out. In August when i'm back on leave from my unit i'll organise a local meet for all the guys/gals with 'tegs, so even if you havent got it by then, feel free to come along and get involved.

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
dk123 said:
I'm about 4 miles from you - would be good having a fellow DC5 owner around the corner! The car looks really nice - good luck and hopefully you'll seal the deal. Must be a few of us on the Wirral now :xgrin: although I have only ever seen chrex sweet champ white DC5 around these parts. Hope it works out for you.
4 miles? Whereabouts?

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Well my fiesta is all up for sale now on eBay so fingers crossed it goes as I have my eye on 2 dc5s! Don't want to lose out!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi Helen,

I'm not far from you I'm in North Wales. You may need to travel to find a decent one, fingers crossed you manage to get a decent one!

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hi Helen,

I'm not far from you I'm in North Wales. You may need to travel to find a decent one, fingers crossed you manage to get a decent one!
Found one in Blackburn... So not too bad? :) ... Just need to sell mine. 4 watchers on eBay now, and some stupid offers!!

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Helen, if you need a parcel shelf we have a used but immaculate one in stock.

Price new is £180 with shipping.

We can do the one here for £100 delivered...

Kind regards

Andy

p.s- welcome to the forum btw and to DC5 ownership ;-)

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
welcome :)

good luck with selling the car.. not easy at the moment; no one wants to spend any money

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
SuperFLY said:
welcome :)good luck with selling the car.. not easy at the moment; no one wants to spend any money
hopefully someone will want it so I can get new one whilst some decent weather about too! :)