Search results

1. SuperFLY

Refurbed my headlights yesterday

and I'm quite happy with the results :) I have no patience for sanding but thought I'd spend £20 on a kit and see if it works.. if not I'd buy some new units but you know, it's actually done a really good job. Hard to get decent pics in the sunlight but hopefully you get the jist. Only...
  2. SuperFLY

Passenger window surround - paint wearing off

Hey all, I've noticed that the paint on my window surround is wearing off. Flaking off so I've got an unsightly line of silver coming through. The easiest thing would be to re-paint it but I'm not sure how easy/hard it'll be to get off and what paint to use. (I'd presume a hammerite would do)...
  3. SuperFLY

EP3 Premier rails vs DC5 rails

does anyone know if the bottom rail (that bolts to the car) is the same between the EP3 and DC5? looking for an easy way to mount my evo seats into my DC without having to drill holes in my standard rails to fit the seats to them and the premiers have exactly the same seats so at least the top...
  4. SuperFLY

Miss my K-Pro :(

Realised this a day or two ago.. I had a K-Pro on my ep3 and even though i just had a cold air map on it (not specifically mapped) I certainly did enjoy the smoother power delivery and lower vtec point. Realised I really miss this on the teg Can't bring myself to spend out on it though.. at...
  5. SuperFLY

Can't get rack bolts off

With all the other bits I had intended on putting on my car, one of those was a rack riser. The car's been with TGM all week and Tom cannot get the bolts off. He's even ordered a new tool to get better purchase on it but he says they're locked solid. Bar taking the engine out to get more...
  6. SuperFLY

Major torque steer

evenin' all. TGM has my car at the moment setting the suspension and alignment etc.. it'll need redoing as i'll be changing the rear alloys and getting new tyres all round in a couple of weeks but i needed a few bits installed anyway so wanted a base setting. been speaking to tom today and he...
  7. SuperFLY

Horrible knocking/banging/crashing sounds

Right.. confusing one here.. I recently had my new meisterR coilovers installed (by myself and a mate - he's an mot tester/fitter) All we put on was the suspension and progress rear arb, wanted to put my camber adjusters on as well but the nuts had disappeared. :/ When I got home I put my...
  8. SuperFLY

%^&*$%£" thread knackered in bonnet

always my luck.. a 10min job turns into the rest of the day meaning rather than the 5 jobs i'd planned to do i manage 1.5 of them... decided to fit some bonnet struts from dottys recommendation.. did one side, went to do the passenger side and undid the nut on the bonnet only for it to suddenly...
  9. SuperFLY

So, where have people routed their power lines into the car? Pics please!

Mornin' all, One of the (many) things on my list is to get my underseat sub installed. Now I won't be doing this until I've swapped my carpet over but I wouldn't mind at least getting the power cable routed into the car. On my CTR I found a perfect way of routing the cable in. There were 2...
  10. SuperFLY

Fitted my tegiwa/gruppe m tonight but I'm a little concerned

the fitting didnt go too badly, couple of rattles to iron out (think i know whats rattling so i just need to secure that) but what does concern me is the scoop. the scoop angles back quite a lot from the top of the bonnet so although i've cut the hole as small as i think i should you can...
  11. SuperFLY

Coilover refurb

anyone know a place (possibly in the SE so i can save on delivery) that does coilover refurbs? I'll be giving TGM a bell to see if they know anyone but thought I'd ask. Wanted to get my XYZs onto the DC5 as soon as poss but looking at them the bump stops are perished and the springs paint is...
  12. SuperFLY

So... crashy ride

right then.. i think i know what the problem is but wanted to confirm it really. the car is lowered on 30mm eibach springs with very wide alloys. it has rota fighter drifts 17x8 on the front and 17x9 rear (225/50 rear 225/45 front)...
  13. SuperFLY

Well i've got one!

After the snow scuppered my plans last weekend I wake up saturday to lovely sunshine! Went down to see the car, decided on a price and voila.. i now have a DC5! 2001. 49k miles, with parcel shelf. re-realed rear lights, front lenses are in good nick pics aren't great and she needs a wash...
  14. SuperFLY

Quieter exhaust

Not the usual thread i grant you ;) Basically the car im looking at has a DC sports catback. its perhaps a bit loud, especially when its cold. with my ep3 i had a 2.5" silenced supersprint b-pipe/midpipe and a standard backbox and that was spot on. still a nice noise when you floored it but in...
  15. SuperFLY

EP3 part compatability

right, i have a few bits coming off my EP3 and was wondering if they'd fit on a DC5? (would save me having to sell and buy new ones) i do have a tegiwa m airbox but on looking around i can see that wont fit so will have to sell all that. main things are: # tegiwa m airbox - i can...
  16. SuperFLY

DC5 vs EP3 (every day car aspects)

hi all, this isnt a usual 'whats faster down maccy d's innit' vs thread, im more after general opinions from owners that have had both on the more practical/comfortable sides of the cars. up until now i've had an 05 EP3. its on coilovers, lowered 30mm, FRSU, process arb, camber adjusters...