Miss my K-Pro :(

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
Realised this a day or two ago..

I had a K-Pro on my ep3 and even though i just had a cold air map on it (not specifically mapped) I certainly did enjoy the smoother power delivery and lower vtec point.

Realised I really miss this on the teg

Can't bring myself to spend out on it though.. at least not at the moment and second hand ones for the jdm engine are rarer than rocking horse eggs :(

Who here actually has one on their teg? what kind of difference did it make to you? *perhaps might gee me up to actually get round to buying the damn thing

tico_87

Advanced Member
I haven't got one but Dotty was kind enough to take me out in his last year.....from that point on my car has been slow lol. My mate then let me drive his K-pro'd EP3 some months back my decision was made lol.

But like you say JDM k-pro is rare, at the moment il holding out for one to appear but when I get bored of waiting il just buy a new one or go K100.

ckh

Advanced Member
I have one in mine and i'm pretty local to you "SuperFly"...make a big difference on both performance and economy...well worth the investment

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Dont have a KPRO in mine, I have the Link storm G4 standalone ECU and I couldnt go back.

Mapped to my pro spec cat back, "emptied out" OEM cat (long story) and mugen airbox and cant imagine going back to stock ecu. power delivery is excellent and has totslly transformed the car imo. well worth the investment for me.

still needs dynod and to get back out on track to really aporeciate it but its a night and day change from what it was and as mentioned my economy has rocketed lol got over 390 to a tank with the collapsed cat during japfest weekend so expecting better results for japfest 2.

such a shame the one your after is hard to get just need to perceiver mate

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
So the general opinion is the £600 is well worth the money, I have not been in a k-Pro'ed Teg so would need owners feedback?

tico_87

Advanced Member
I didn't mean JDM K-pro as such just saying that a used K-pro for a DC5/JDM EP3 is much harder to find then a K-pro for a UK EP3.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Well worth doing. Better power delivery and fuel economy is improved. Couldnt go back to one without now

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Mines k100'd it feels like it makes a big difference. Its lowered and lengthened the power band with a 20bhp increase. Makes it easier to drive

But sometimes i think i would have been better off spending money on the chassis and final drive instead. Especially when you compare it to buyin the intake, header and exhaust on top of the £850 for the ecu and tune

dotty

Advanced Member
So the general opinion is the £600 is well worth the money, I have not been in a k-Pro'ed Teg so would need owners feedback?

Yes. It totally transforms the car!!

brucey87

Advanced Member
Midrange is where you will notice most of the gain. Definitely worth it! Vtec at 4k rpm is nice :) and only cuts in at that rpm at full throttle so can still cruise.

Rob-bob

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
Dont have a KPRO in mine, I have the Link storm G4 standalone ECU and I couldnt go back.

Mapped to my pro spec cat back, "emptied out" OEM cat (long story) and mugen airbox and cant imagine going back to stock ecu. power delivery is excellent and has totslly transformed the car imo. well worth the investment for me.

still needs dynod and to get back out on track to really aporeciate it but its a night and day change from what it was and as mentioned my economy has rocketed lol got over 390 to a tank with the collapsed cat during japfest weekend so expecting better results for japfest 2.

such a shame the one your after is hard to get just need to perceiver mate
I had a Linkg4 atom on my S13. A good friend of mine is likely the best Link tuner in the UK, They are fantastic bits of kit, worth that extra spend.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Is it worth going K Pro over K100?

I'm thinking of getting it done by Eurospec at some point. I want to get the suspension and brakes done first before adding a bit of power.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Rob-bob said:
I had a Linkg4 atom on my S13. A good friend of mine is likely the best Link tuner in the UK, They are fantastic bits of kit, worth that extra spend.
My tuner mate swears by them.

who's your tuner buddy and wheres he located? curious now lol