Search results

1. Steve_DC5

Ultra racing c pillar picture request

Anyone got some photos of an ultra racing c-pillar bar fitted. Mainly how the seat belt bolts back in?
  2. Steve_DC5

Steering Rack Lock Nut Spanner - Stock / Alternative?

Anyone got one I could borrow or know of somewhere that has them in stock? Or a similar Item? its a 40mm spanner / wrench. My local Honda and a few others are a 2 month waiting list :| PN: 07916-SA5001 (original) New PN: 07AAATL2A100 Bit tight getting in on the cars with a big adjustable...
  3. Steve_DC5

Rear Drop Links / Stablizer Bar

Quick one, I need a new rear drop link. I always replace in pairs, however I am not wanting to fork out £90 for the privilege. Where do people tend to get new rear drop links from? I went for Blueprint EP3 ones on the front, cheaper, good quality and better design imo. Rears however, EP3s...
  4. Steve_DC5

Buddyclub N+ mearsurements

What are people running? Been playing around with mine since I got them trying to find a decent height. I was on skunk2 springs which were mega low, like barely a finger between the tyre and arch lol As you can guess the OEM shocks are dead now after 3 years or so since they were fitted by...
  5. Steve_DC5

Camber bolt with elongated strut

Hopefully fitting coilovers tomorrow. The struts have an elongated top hole where you would normally use a camber bolt but in this case don't have to. I don't have any standard bolts. What's the position of the tab on camber bolts so they are neutral? Just going to use the strut hole to get my...
  6. Steve_DC5

Spring Rates Please

Anyone got a reliable list of spring rates along with linear / progressive. Going for some bilsteins but want to try get some decent firm springs that ideally are not progressive on the front. Prefer linear springs to over progressive on the front - believe the TB GF are linear on the front?
  7. Steve_DC5

Anyone got bilstein b8s

As the title? Looking to go down the bilstein route. They don't have a kit listed for the dc5. So will be the ep3 kit I go for. Then either change track rod ends or get them nachined to take dc5 rods. With the rears. Reading up the rear ep3 shocks have a narrower bush, so either spacers or...
  8. Steve_DC5

BP ultimate - stinky fuel

Random topic. Anyone use BP ultimate? Was forced to use it the other day as I wasn't near a shell garage only put 15L of it in. Car completely stinks of rotten egg / shite out the exhaust now lol Just to be safe I made sure no one has took a turd in my spoon exhaust.
  9. Steve_DC5

Annoying Rattle that i can't find

Got a rattle noise that's developed on the car over the last couple of days. Car does it when idle and not moving, with and without clutch in. Does it with bonnet open or closed. Was worried encase it was a pulley or something on the engine BUT... The noise doesn't exist outside the car, also...
  10. Steve_DC5

Wet tyre pressures

Curious to see what people run on wet and cold trackdays with their tyres? I run re070 on track can't justify the extra money on ad048s and wouldn't consider r888 any better than re070 which is why I don't have them. Always struggled a bit with re070 in the wet, could be down to the large...
  11. Steve_DC5

Front / Rear lower 4 point braces

Anyone rocking some? Was looking at the ultra racing ones and some eBay special ones. Where does the front one bolt to? From what I can see looks like one point uses the bolt holding the lower arm to the subframe. Any pics / feedback on similar braces is welcome :) Never going to see a mega...
  12. Steve_DC5

Clutch Fitting North East / Scotish Borders

Well since the cold started, the other night when I put the loud pedal down I started to get a small bit of clutch slippage, nothing to bad but still no good to me. It's only done it on that one drive (slipped a good few times). But hasn't done it since. Obvious place for me to go is...
  13. Steve_DC5

Mugen SS vs OEM

I am eventually looking to take my skunk2 springs off. Car does handle good but sits to low for me. I was going to stick oem springs on but tempted by some Mugen Showa Suspension. Anyone gone from oem to mugen or vice versa? How would you compare it and how does it feel? Also how does it...
  14. Steve_DC5

Outer CV Joint Cover

Managed to get a tiny little nip in my passenger side Outer CV, although its tiny a slow drive around the block shows it does come urineing out. Anyone know where sells the outer cover? and where is decent to get it changed in newcaslte? I can change the shaft my self but sure changing the...
  15. Steve_DC5

Best Place/Price for OEM Discs

I will be due new discs soon, but there is no way I will be replacing the buddyclub discs which are on for the price they cost. Where is best / cheapest for OEM Brembo or OEM equivilent discs? Or any other discs which worth an extra few dollar? My driving is short trips to work, b-road...
  16. Steve_DC5

Kpro No AFR Reading

Firstly there isn't actually anything wrong with the car - i connected my laptop purely out of interest. I had a read up and can't really find the answer to my question - found out that it is common to see 0.00v for the primary O2 sensor. So thats fine, but my main question is I am getting no...
  17. Steve_DC5

Splitter - What to bond on with

I had caught my front splitter a while back, its clipped back on fine but was just wonder what to bond it back to the bumper with? Theres a slight gap and the splitters sagging on the front corner. What do people use? Double sided foam sticky tape or something?
  18. Steve_DC5

Standard Springs What Camber / Toe?

I have decided to go from skunk2 lowering springs to standard springs. But going to keep my camber bolts and rear adjustable camber arms. What sort of settings do people go for? or FRSU as people seem to call it. Was thinking of -1.5 if i can get it on the front and similar on the rear. 1mm...
  19. Steve_DC5

OEM Springs or Lowering Springs

Hi, new to the forum so hello :) Not long ago i bought my DC5 which has a few things done to it, i took it to Cadwell park and it did handle alot better than i was expecting, but couldn't help feel it would handle better with standard springs. Currently my DC5 has skunk2 lowering springs with...