Search results

1. Adam-f

Do I Make A Return ??

Hi guys! it's been a while! So after selling my DC5 about a year ago I'm really starting to miss it now! :( I currently have a Facelift MK2 Focus ST running around the 310bhp mark but it has nothing on the DC5 so I'm debating on selling up and getting myself another DC5, I'm just torn between...
  2. Adam-f

Who has my old DC5 ?

Hi guys, I sold my old DC5 back in October to a guy in london, I recently seen it back on eBay so mailed him and he said he's sold it on again, Does anyone on here own it ? Reg - YC53 LGB Loved that car! Really miss it! lol Just wondered if anyone on here has bought it :)
  3. Adam-f

End of a era! It's been a pleasure!

I sold my DC5 today to a very nice bloke from North London, very sad to see it go just it never gets used anymore, It's been a pleasant ownership of nearly 3 years and I've meet some great people off this forum! I'm sure I'll be back one day once I get myself a house with a nice garage :)...
  4. Adam-f

Window Mechanism

My drivers side window mechanism has broken, I was playing up a few weeks back and I stripped it down and the cable was frayed so now it seems the cable has snapped completely, The motor is completely fine but I don't think you can buy just the mechanical cable part ? I've looked at EP3 ones...
  5. Adam-f

EP3 seat fit in the DC5

I'm getting my drivers Recaro re trimmed shortly and it could take a good week or so, I've been offered a lend of a standard EP3 seat to put in the DC5 for the meantime while the seat is getting trimmed so I can still use the car, just to confirm do EP3 seats directly bolt into the DC5 ? Thanks
  6. Adam-f

Want to try new products with my DA

Hello guys, After I've decided to keep the Teg now its due a very very good clean lol, I've got myself a Meguires Gv220 DA and to be honest I'm a newbie on the DA front lol I used it a few times on older cars to get the hang of it but only once on the Teg,, I'm just looking for some advice on...
  7. Adam-f

Greenlight insurance highly recommended!

Just like to say thanks to Neil from Greenlight for sorting my Teg insurance for another year at a very good price of £590 Highly recommended! Defiantly worth getting a quote with them if your looking to insure a DC5! Thanks Again!
  8. Adam-f

Mugen Rear Wing Replica

So I've bought a Mugen rep rear wing, Brilliant quality carbon, happy with it, only problem I found it the adjustment of the actual wing is terrible, You can either have it facing down backwards or completely flat. No adjustment for it to face forwards, Anyone else come across this problem ...
  9. Adam-f

Worth protecting my no claims with Admiral ?

So I've had the renewal for the Teg through £880 quiet pleased with that lol Admiral asked me do I want to protect my no claims for extra £120 I think it was, Is it worth doing ? She said if I did have a bump it would protect my no claims but my policy price would still raise next year "/
  10. Adam-f

Looks like I'm here to stay

Been debating over the past few months to sell the Teg since I hardly use it having a daily for work, But every time I take it out I fall in love with it all over again, After considering my options I think I'm going to change a few bits and pieces, maybe buy some more parts to make me love...
  11. Adam-f

Change from the N1

So I'm thinking in keeping the Teg for another year but making a few changes, I've currently got a Spoon N1 backbox and b-pipe, Looking to Sell the Spoon system and get something a little quieter, it's not stupidly loud I just fancy a change, Anyone got any suggestions ?
  12. Adam-f

End of a era ? Decisions...

So as you can probably judge by the title I'm thinking about selling the Teg, it's been a good 18months of ownership and I've not yet come to a decisions on what to do just yet lol The few of you who know me Dave, Marl etc will know I haven't been using the Teg much at all in the pass 10...
  13. Adam-f

Aftermarket Steering Wheel Boss

Been looking at getting a Nardi Personal Wheel for a while now just confused about what boss to get, Is a DC5 same boss as EP3/S2000 ? Also should I buy a Nardi boss ? Come with airbag resistor etc Or a OMP/MoMo boss ? If so does anyone know the resistor value needed for the airbag light ? :)
  14. Adam-f

Coilover Damper Settings

What are you coilover damper setting people ? Recently fitted some Meister R's to my DC5 and I'm Just curios on how hard or soft people have there dampers for road use ? Also should the back be softer than the front ? And by how much ? Current mine are on 16 front 14 rear out of 32 way adjustable
  15. Adam-f

Having A Nightmare With Track Rod Ends

So after spending a few day a few weeks back trying to source some track rod ends for my car Hond-R finally sent me a set, Tried to fit them just know and were they sit in the strut the diameter on the track rod end is about 1.5mm small on the new ones so it wobbles around and doesn't fit...
  16. Adam-f

Gruppe-M Heat Sheld Bracket Dimensions

Could someone with a Gruppe-M please give me the dimensions for the Plastic "L" bracket that holds the heatsheld in place, My Gruppe-M didnt come with one, so im going to make one if someone could help me with the dimensions, :)
  17. Adam-f

Anyone Running Wheel Spacers ? Need some advice

I purchased some wheels spacers cheap last week off a bloke who didn't have a clue about any of the dimensions all he knew was there 5x114 and 20mm so I kind of bought them blind lol They have came back and they fit tidy but the centre bore is 73mm were the Teg is only 64.1mm so I can run just...
  18. Adam-f

FRSU/Alignment Settings...

So im nearly ready for a FRSU: I've got the coilovers fitted, two new track rod ends to go on, rear camber arms and 20mm Hubcentric spacers all around (to give the OEM wheels a bit more "Poke") these will all be fitted on the weekend so it just leaves the allignement/setup With a FRSU do the...
  19. Adam-f

Track Rod End's

Were's the best place to get DC5 track rod ends ? All my local Auto Spares stock EP3 ones but I've heard there different ? :)
  20. Adam-f

Meister Zeta-R and Zeta-S Coil-overs, What's the difference ?

Been shopping around for coil overs and been offered a set of Meister Zeta-R coil overs but after some research they also make Zeta-S which I believe is the lower model ? Anyone had both ? Or can justify the difference ?