Greenlight insurance highly recommended!

Adam-f

Advanced Member
Just like to say thanks to Neil from Greenlight for sorting my Teg insurance for another year at a very good price of £590

Highly recommended!

Defiantly worth getting a quote with them if your looking to insure a DC5!

Thanks Again!

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Adam

Thanks mate, glad you were happy with the price and policy.

If you need anything at all throughout the year please dont hestitate to get in touch with me personally.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
£590 any chance you could post some basic details like age and NCB? mines up in April so I'm starting to get interested in renewal quotes

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
I'd like to add my 2p, and say Greenlight have been fantastic again this year. Not only did they manage to get my quote down from £400 last year to £375 this year, they also added an extra 2500 miles to my allowed mileage. Admittedly with all the travelling I have planned this year, I may have to add more. But for me, they have been a great company to deal with. My biggest issue with insurance people has always been their lack of knowledge when it comes to the DC5, with Greenlight I've had no such problems. They know the cars and are very accepting of mods. Thanks so much guys.

Adam-f

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
£590 any chance you could post some basic details like age and NCB? mines up in April so I'm starting to get interested in renewal quotes
I'm 22 had the car nearly 2 years, 5 years NCB which they mirrored from another policy, defiantly worth giving them a call, declared all my mods and it doesn't go up as long as you don't boost your car :)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Adam-f said:
I'm 22 had the car nearly 2 years, 5 years NCB which they mirrored from another policy, defiantly worth giving them a call, declared all my mods and it doesn't go up as long as you don't boost your car :)
This is great news as I'll be 23 with 5NCB with 1 years DC5 experience come renewal in April, so now I have at least a rough idea of what to expect. Thanks :)

Lukerobz

Good stuff I'm also with green light. Highly recommended also I declared all mods and price stayed the same:)

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
newyorkaddict said:
I'd like to add my 2p, and say Greenlight have been fantastic again this year. Not only did they manage to get my quote down from £400 last year to £375 this year, they also added an extra 2500 miles to my allowed mileage. Admittedly with all the travelling I have planned this year, I may have to add more. But for me, they have been a great company to deal with. My biggest issue with insurance people has always been their lack of knowledge when it comes to the DC5, with Greenlight I've had no such problems. They know the cars and are very accepting of mods. Thanks so much guys.
Lukerobz said:
Good stuff I'm also with green light. Highly recommended also I declared all mods and price stayed the same:)
Thanks Guys :xgrin:

viper1984

Advanced Member
I just went with Greenlight too. £389 - 29, 7NCB, had car 3 years.

I also got quotes from Sky, Keith Michaels, BrentAcre, Adrian Flux, A Plan, Chris Knott. While they were all close, Greenlight gave the best quote straight away and their customer service (Neil) was superb.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I've spoken to a few guys there, Neil included, and it's like talking to a mate on the phone! The business part of the chat takes 5 minutes, the other 25mins is general chit chat :)
A good friend of mine was insured with them (mk1 FRS) for years and said the same. He was gutted they don't cover his new car as it's not a performance vehicle.

Keep it up Greenlight :)

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
My renewal is due mid end of next month. Only usually have 3 that I call, Sky, Keith Michaels & Greenlight :)

Danny Boy

Hi Neil just a quick one my insurance is up in June and this is when I'll be buying a dc5.
I just wanted a rough idea on insurance cost.
I will be 25 then with 5 years no claims
I have a company car so would only use the car for social and pleasure
I Live in Manchester m33 area
I'm a (mobile) service engineer for a clean room/safety cabinet maintenance firm.
I know you can't give me a definite quote but I was just hoping you could give me a rough idea how much it would be with yourselves.
Thanks in advance Dan

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
viper1984 said:
I just went with Greenlight too. £389 - 29, 7NCB, had car 3 years.

I also got quotes from Sky, Keith Michaels, BrentAcre, Adrian Flux, A Plan, Chris Knott. While they were all close, Greenlight gave the best quote straight away and their customer service (Neil) was superb.
Thanks mate, if you need anything at all throughout the year please dont hesitate to get in touch via PM.

Mark_teg said:
I've spoken to a few guys there, Neil included, and it's like talking to a mate on the phone! The business part of the chat takes 5 minutes, the other 25mins is general chit chat :)
A good friend of mine was insured with them (mk1 FRS) for years and said the same. He was gutted they don't cover his new car as it's not a performance vehicle.

Keep it up Greenlight :)
Mark, thats really kind of you to say. All the guys at Greenlight drive performance cars and understand the modifications well. Its always good to chat to fellow enthusiasts.

Tell you friend to get modifying we can help him then :)

Best Regards
neil
Danny Boy said:
Hi Neil just a quick one my insurance is up in June and this is when I'll be buying a dc5.
I just wanted a rough idea on insurance cost.
I will be 25 then with 5 years no claims
I have a company car so would only use the car for social and pleasure
I Live in Manchester m33 area
I'm a (mobile) service engineer for a clean room/safety cabinet maintenance firm.
I know you can't give me a definite quote but I was just hoping you could give me a rough idea how much it would be with yourselves.
Thanks in advance Dan
I'll give it a try for you mate, if its going to be just for pleasure use and less than 5k miles a year it should be doable.

I wouldnt want to hazard a guess on prices for june as its to far ahead. Id need to refer the M33 postocde to the underwriters as its quite high rated but as its just pleasure use only and low miles it should be a problem.

Drop me a PM nearer the time mate and i'll get on the case for you.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

Danny Boy

Ok Neil.
Do you think it would be under £1000 I know you can't say for definite but just as a gauge.
And thanks for the reply to.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Danny Boy said:
Ok Neil.
Do you think it would be under £1000 I know you can't say for definite but just as a gauge.
And thanks for the reply to.
Postcode will be the only sticking point. If i can get it agreed by the underwriters id definatel expect under £800 probably a lot less.

Best regards
Neil

Danny Boy

Ok Neil that sounds great I know it's just a gauge but the fact you seem confident about it is good enough for me 😉

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Its Greenlight for me this year.

Renewal came through from Sky Insurance at £640 - £50 less than what I paid last year (£690), However they then matched it at £535 but was beaten by Neil at Greenlight - £480 - though I am paying in monthly instalments, it still works out cheaper than Sky Insurance's quote this year.

Top stuff! Thanks Neil! :D

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
RE Spirit said:
Its Greenlight for me this year.

Renewal came through from Sky Insurance at £640 - £50 less than what I paid last year (£690), However they then matched it at £535 but was beaten by Neil at Greenlight - £480 - thought I am paying in monthly instalments, it still works out cheaper than Sky Insurance's quote this year.

Top stuff! Thanks Neil! :D
No Worries you are more than welcome.