Search results

1. K

Wheel spacers

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/5x114-3-20mm-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-Honda-Integra-Type-R-DC2-DC5-64-1-1-Pair-/232398294271 Havd been looking at wheel spacers for my dc5 but nothing came up in the wanted section. Anyone fitted these? I have oem wheels, lowered on spoon springs and frsu, would these...
  2. K

Fitting new speedo converter

Hi guys Current one playing up, have sourced a new one and wanted suggestions on where to get it fitted. Im from portsmouth! Also hear its better behind the dash than gearbox Many thanks
  3. K

custom exhaust

Hi guys I put up a post tuesday about some advice on a new exhaust, along with some research I have most of my answers. I'm torn between a spoon, fujitsubo, or maybe a custom. Has anyone used power flow before? Id use the branch in Southampton. Any disadvantages with making a custom exhaust...
  4. K

New exhaust!

I'm currently running full Oem, I'm looking for something noisier without being too ott. I have a few ideas I wanted opinions on! I know the subject has been covered loads of times and the forum has been great for research however I wanted to check a few things specific to me. First off my car...
  5. K

Speedometer Jumping

Hi Guys I had a problem with my speedometer a couple of months ago. I'd be driving and all of a sudden the speedometer would go down to 0 mph then back to the speed I was doing, It would be intermitted, would be a pain in the ass some days, fine others My mechanic mate fitted a new speedo...
  6. K

ABS light 100mph

Hi As above, every time I hit 100mph (on private land!) my ABS light comes on. I don't notice anything different with my brakes and next time I start the car up my ABS light will go off in a few seconds. Is this normal? Something to do with it being de-limited? Ive owned the car about 18...
  7. K

Stock ride height vs my DC5

Hi all After going to TGM for a service last year they told me my car had been lowered. I bought the car believing it was stock in late 2013 so was a little surprised (they confirmed everything else is OEM). I wanted to find out how much it had been lowered. Tom took it for a spin after to make...
  8. K

New Tyres Strange Braking sound

Hi all I recently had new tyres fitted (Goodyear eagle as2's) standard fitment of 45/215/17 Y. I've had them about 5 days and I've noticed when I break anything faster then 40mph my brakes make a clacking noise similar to if you drive over a train track. Could they be rubbing? Im not sure if...
  9. K

New tyres- Advice Please!

Hi all The times come to get new tyres, after a few searches here the Goodyear Eagles seem to be pretty popular. Just a couple of questions, would you advice either the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 87Y or the Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asymmetric 2) 91Y XL? Is there much of a performance difference...
  10. K

indicators - Orange to Clear

Hi Im looking to change the indicators from orange to clear on my 2001 Teg. Im assuming its a white bulb under the orange guard. Looking for some advice on where to get the clear guards and orange bulbs from? If someone can let me know the voltage as well that would be great! B-)
  11. K

TGM

Due to all the positive feedback on TGM I decided to take my Teg there for its first service and ... I cant rate them highly enough! Going for the full service, not only was the car inspected with a fine tooth comb, the work was very clean and tidy. It can be a long day if you don't live local...
  12. K

Will these Double Din fit? Will any Fit?

Hey Looking to treat the Teg by taking out the factory fit stereo and putting a new Double Din in! I like the Honda start up section but the front screen reminds me of my Atari! Not looking to spend loads so wondered if anyone had experience of the below ie fit and quality? Also, are all...
  13. K

Front Number plate

I put a comment on the post below but sadly no responses! I really like what this guys done to his number plate on the Milano red but wanted to know what I'd need to set it up wise and if its legal in the uk. Cant imagine it is but the laws are getting crazier...
  14. K

Would a faulty spark plug show?

I had the engine warning light on the way back from work this week. The light was still on when starting this morning but after around 10 minutes of driving the light went off. I was going to do the self diagnostic test this weekend but I guess nothings going to show now! Could be a million...
  15. K

non Honda o2 sensor

After a confirmed diagnosed problem with my o2 sensor, my local F1 auto reckon they can sort it no problem. I've informed them of the car, Jap import etc. I know the car isn't exactly a McLaren F1, but does anyone think they're a bit over confident lol? Can you fit a wide range of o2 sensors...
  16. K

Warning Light- Help!

Hi guys On the way back from work a warning light came on, its the middle yellow one in-between oil and battery on the oil temperature gauge. Any ideas what this means? Also, tips for rectifying?
  17. K

Choice Mods

Hey Having purchased a stock DC5 a few months ago, running at 220bhp, I wondered what people have done to there tegs to get a bit more power? i.e exhaust system, air filter/Induction kit. How much have people spent? can you feel the difference? Unsure whether to leave stock or not, just...
  18. K

Checking the oil

Evening all After my recent purchase of the dc5, Its about time I checked the oil! Couple of things, locating the oil. There are two pointers on the engine, one circular on the right, and a square on the left (with a oil can on). Which is the one I need to check, and what is the other? Also...
  19. K

Double Din- Aftermarket

Since becoming a DC5 owner I've always had the original factory fit Double din. Its nice but.... ....I'm thinking of putting in an aftermarket, more than anything I want to play MP3! (And the dials are in Japanese) Will any aftermarket unit fit? Has anyone had any issues doing this? Also, does...