Search results

1. M

DC5 Weight saving

Cheers Fez, must have looked at the beginning of the thread but have no recollection lol
  2. M

DC5 Weight saving

Cheers, I have been considering some fixed buckets and fixed rails to get the weight down, I think this is one of the biggest single areas of savings on the car. I will keep the original wheels and am considering remaking some steel stuff in alloy. Some ideas at the moment: Front engine mount...
  3. M

DC5 Weight saving

Ok, so got my DC5 weighed on a weight bridge at the local scrappy (I imagine these are calibrated?) and the DC5 came in at 1140kg with half a tank of fuel. Items changed but otherwise stock: Odyssey PC680 Battery - works absolutely fine and you wouldnt be able to tell the difference over the...
  4. M

Original DC5 Calibration/Map

Thanks for the replies. I literally did just that only a couple days ago, I only just heard TPS scaling and gave it a shot. you could rev the car to 1500rpm before the ECU registered any throttle plate movement, I scaled the TPS and it is now buttery smooth to drive at low speed part throttle.
  5. M

BOOST

Have you considered a supercharger? Instant torque, far better modulation with the throttle, far far easier to install and less compromises to be made behind the engine, maintenance is also far lower than a turbo car as there is less to go wrong. If you get an eBay kit you are opening yourself...
  6. M

Unfortunately not, I need an untouched map from an original DC5. If anybody has one they can send over please give me a shout.
  7. M

Hi, Got my car running at last and unfortunately it still has the really irritating sensitive part throttle at low speeds! It will buck and is a complete PITA to drive in traffic. My previous one with the stock map was perfectly smooth and felt great to drive. Unfortunately I don't have the...
  8. M

Are dc5 and ep3 inner and outer tie rod ends the same ?

I have for sale Hardrace DC5 Track Rod Ends on eBay. I can get inner tie rods from HardRace also but haven't got any in stock.
  9. M

DC5 Heater Hoses

ah, I didn't think they had the ability to do that with imports! Cheers, they are just down the road from work so will pop in and enquire.
  10. M

DC5 Heater Hoses

That's great, do you know where I can find the part numbers. Also, are they the same as the EP3?
  11. M

DC5 Heater Hoses

Hello, I had to cut mine to get them off when doing the engine bay refresh, has anybody seen anywhere that sells OEM or aftermarket ones? Cheers!
  12. M

How to become a trader on here?

Ok, so i've not had any response on here or via PM's sent so shall I assume its safe to show you guys what i've made and got up for sale officially?
  13. M

Cheers for your help, PM sent to CaLi.
  14. M

Any moderators or anybody know who runs this? I want to post up about the products I have developed for the DC5 but don't want to get banned, could somebody get in touch with the owners? It would be greatly appreciated, cheers!
  15. M

Hello, Had a quick look and couldn't find anything but how to become a trader on here? I think it is about time I post up some information about my company, what products I sell and more specifically the Honda parts I make :) Any information on the above is appreciated, thanks!
  16. M

DC5 Weight saving

I haven't tried it yet, saying that I had an even smaller battery on my Supercharged K20 Prelude, and that did struggle a little bit on cold mornings. This battery being bigger, and with greater CCA's should be better. Yea, will do when I'm back in work. Let me know if you do take it out as...
  17. M

Front Bumper Support Beam Measurements

No probs dude!
  18. M

No worries I would but unfortunately my bumper is stored away at the moment.
  19. M

Are you needing to know the height and depth of the box section or where it sits in relation to something else on the front of the car? Mines off the car atm and I have just got these measurements from it: Height: 60mm Depth: 42mm ish - the area you pointed out is where it starts to bend...
  20. M

Insurance for those in their 30s

Blimey, that's ridiculous! Sounds like just a way of getting rid of all policy holders who modify their cars, perhaps they don't like the admin of dealing with a non standard car! If that's the case I don't know why these companies don't just say so without coming up with a lame excuse, they end...