Front Bumper Support Beam Measurements

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help (if you either have, can obtain or have access to this today), but I need to know the dimensions of the front bumper support beam on the DC5 as per the image below if anyone can help.

Does anyone have their bumper off so they can tell me this as mines not and I can't get the measurements with the bumper on :-(

Thanks in advance

Carl

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Are you needing to know the height and depth of the box section or where it sits in relation to something else on the front of the car?

Mines off the car atm and I have just got these measurements from it:

Height: 60mm

Depth: 42mm ish - the area you pointed out is where it starts to bend back, the box section depth is infact 40mm deep where it is flat.

Hope this helps.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mudgey said:
Are you needing to know the height and depth of the box section or where it sits in relation to something else on the front of the car?

Mines off the car atm and I have just got these measurements from it:

Height: 60mm

Depth: 42mm ish - the area you pointed out is where it starts to bend back, the box section depth is infact 40mm deep where it is flat.

Hope this helps.
Thanks mate that's awesome, could you be me an extra favour if it's easy and you have time, imagine the bumper was on or if you have the bumper could you tell me the measurement from the top of that beam to half way between the centre hole in the bumper?

Basically I am having something made to fit off of that bracket (to the side of the rad's, that will sit dead centre of the opening of the bumper.

If you can help and need more info drop me a pm and can texrt/whatsapp you details and images of what I mean.

Thanks again

Carl

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Lol no probs, I can measure the gap and work it out when home later on mine, just cant access the rear support beam so you've go the hardest part for me thanks :)

Mebz

Advanced Member
I've been thinking if making my own tow hook for track days. This has been very useful. Thanks

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
I've been thinking if making my own tow hook for track days. This has been very useful. Thanks
I‘ve got one being made once done if you want one I‘ll get another made for you ?

Mebz

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I‘ve got one being made once done if you want one I‘ll get another made for you ?
Yeah that would be great. Thanks.

Are you going for a j's racing like set up? What material you using? 6mm thick steel?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Yeah that would be great. Thanks.

Are you going for a j's racing like set up? What material you using? 6mm thick steel?
Will on you tomorrow mate with all the designs we have as will be able to do a number of hinges so you can see what you think :)

Mebz

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Will on you tomorrow mate with all the designs we have as will be able to do a number of hinges so you can see what you think :)
Sounds great.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I wanted to go down the j‘s type route but they just never came up for sale. I brought a Mugen one but hated the way it would sit on the oem bumper so I‘ve tried something different, doesn‘t sit as proud as it should. Shameful part is you have to cut a hole in the bumper :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Think you guys will love what I‘ve designed, working on it and picsnto follow ASAP (but fitted to what car won‘t be until end of may when I‘m back in the uk). My friend who‘s fabricating it and I will be able to supply them for a good price if anyone‘s interested and likes them

There will be no holes in the bumpers etc and they won‘t be visible all the time unless you want them to be :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Any updates and photos mate?

Excuse my impatience ☺
Hi mate dropped car off to tgm, I‘ll pm some of he ideas over and I have them quoting me for a design I‘ve mentioned and also a local fabricator, I‘ll pm later with some details and you can re em what you think