Search results

1. Shanks

Gearbox rebuild

I think it is more noticeable in the DC5, probably due to the lack of sound deadening. That description of a 'castor' is spot on. It's essentially the same: dry or rough bearings. I ended up doing a fair bit of research on engine / gearbox bearing noise diagnosis. Below is a summary: 1...
  2. Shanks

Gearbox rebuild

Grinspeed also do re-conditioned gearboxes. Might be worth giving them a call / email for a quote. Look them up on Instagram / Facebook for examples of their work. Input shaft bearing seems to be a weak spot on Honda gearboxes from experience. My EP2 was noisy. A mates EP3 same thing. Stevie...
  3. Shanks

Scuffed front bumper

Ouch. Bet that hurt you more than the car. Probably not what you want to here, but you may want to read up on 'paint outgassing'. Try this for starters: http://www.autopia.org/forums/car-detailing/127908-wait-b4-polishing-paint.html...
  4. Shanks

Strange split Eagle F1

You might also want to look at this thread: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13595-goodyear-eagle-f1-gsd3-made-in-china-v-made-in-germany/?hl=%2Beagle+%2Bchina Similar issue?
  5. Shanks

Strange split Eagle F1

If you used a credit card for payment, have a look at 'Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act' to claim back some (or maybe all) of the costs. I managed to get money back from HSBC on damaged goods from a company that then went bust. If you used Paypal then check the 'PayPal Buyer Protection'...
  6. Shanks

What Are These?

Ace. Cheers guys.
  7. Shanks

What Are These?

Thanks, tico_87. Do you know what yours do?
  8. Shanks

What Are These?

Thats 2 for TV. Just need to find the TVs now...
  9. Shanks

What Are These?

They are stuck to both of the rear side windows and have a wire running behind the interior panel. Must be aerials of some kind. Don't fancy ripping the interior out to find out just yet though. Still have the Japanese JVC Head Unit in which does not have Sat Nav or DAB. The 'PAL USE' printed...
  10. Shanks

need insurance help please!

Hi Sam, I had a similar problem as you, Although being 10 years older, my circumstances are slightly different. I tried with Greenlight after all the good things i have heard about them, but Neil wasn't convinced that an EP2 was a performance car. Just renewed with Admiral on the Civic based...
  11. Shanks

Gearbox rebuilt... new clutch.... still not happy

Not sure if it relevant, but i had a similar issue with my Civic recently. Sounded like a weird rattle / grinding at about 3000 rpm. Thought it was gearbox related. A few weeks later noticed it whilst idling. On investigation found it to be the heat shield around the Cat. Did a bit of research...
  12. Shanks

Blue Integra - SP04 LOH

Oh, and the seller (SP04 LOH) never got back to me so I assume it was not as good as it first appeared.
  13. Shanks

Blue Integra - SP04 LOH

Well, I ended up going the import route. Found a late 2003 with 50,000 miles for £7,600. Seemed like a good deal. But I will have to wait until Jan 2015 to drive it.
  14. Shanks

Blue Integra - SP04 LOH

Still waiting to hear back from the seller. Contacting a few importers as well to see what they can do for me. Thanks everyone.
  15. Shanks

Blue Integra - SP04 LOH

I was just about to embark on the fresh import option before I saw this car. Was thinking of giving 'DCY Europe' a go, the closest to me I could find. Anyone got any experience with them?
  16. Shanks

Blue Integra - SP04 LOH

Good detective skills, Chrismartin. You have to think, if you don't put something as common place as the mileage on your advert, it must be pretty high. in which case asking price is over the odds. Asked the seller for more details...
  17. Shanks

Blue Integra - SP04 LOH

Yeah, sorry. That would have been useful. That is the one. Looks in pretty good condition.Top end of my budget though. If it had 50,000 ish (miles) it would probably be an acceptable price. Would still try and haggle down though, obviously...
  18. Shanks

Blue Integra - SP04 LOH

Hi all, Been looking for a DC5 for some time. I have a reasonably specific criteria and I have seen a Blue Integra on eBay (Reg SP04 LOH, or could be L0H) that ticks various boxes. It is, however, miles from me and would be a mission to go view it without being reasonably certain about buying...
  19. Shanks

Anyone on here?

Looks like it (SK03 ESU) is up for sale again... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-HONDA-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-DC5-JDM-SPEC-C-/231328967284?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35dc47ea74#ht_2844wt_1112 Number plate is covered up but you can just see the bottom of the 'ESU'. The colour scheme (inside / out and...