Blue Integra - SP04 LOH

Shanks

Hi all,

Been looking for a DC5 for some time. I have a reasonably specific criteria and I have seen a Blue Integra on eBay (Reg SP04 LOH, or could be L0H) that ticks various boxes.

It is, however, miles from me and would be a mission to go view it without being reasonably certain about buying it.

As such, was wondering if anyone here used to own it / knew who did or knew anything about it. Did a quick search on the forum without trawling up any horror stories, but nothing else either...

Thanks.

Shanks

Yeah, sorry. That would have been useful. That is the one.

Looks in pretty good condition.Top end of my budget though. If it had 50,000 ish (miles) it would probably be an acceptable price. Would still try and haggle down though, obviously...

p1tse

Advanced Member
Does look nice in picture

But strange no mention of import km, mileage etc

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
I know that theres no direct correlation between mileage and interior condition but I would suggest that its probably a tad higher as both driver and passenger seats look quite worn. Obviously that might be a load of rubbish but they do look quite worn. It looks really nice though otherwise. I don't know how you could forget mileage though on a car advert.

There is no mileage on the ad on ebay, autotrader and pistonheads.

Shanks

Good detective skills, Chrismartin.

You have to think, if you don't put something as common place as the mileage on your advert, it must be pretty high. in which case asking price is over the odds.

Asked the seller for more details...

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Shanks said:
Good detective skills, Chrismartin.

You have to think, if you don't put something as common place as the mileage on your advert, it must be pretty high. in which case asking price is over the odds.

Asked the seller for more details...
Haha, I've looked at the advert quite a bit before uming and ah'ing whether to drop them a message.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Have you thought about importing as for that sort of money you'd get a fresh import from TDi or JM Imports for example.

Shanks

I was just about to embark on the fresh import option before I saw this car. Was thinking of giving 'DCY Europe' a go, the closest to me I could find.
Anyone got any experience with them?

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
to me that looks like a 100k mileage car, but if it has had the front end resprayed to get rid of stone chips, new disks/pads/track rod ends there's no reason it shouldn't be reliable. A timing chain inspection would put my mind at ease as regards the engine, and it has a smooth gearbox both hot and cold and there's no whining noises from it. It should have plenty life left in it IMO.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Shanks said:
I was just about to embark on the fresh import option before I saw this car. Was thinking of giving 'DCY Europe' a go, the closest to me I could find.
Anyone got any experience with them?
Dcy are very highly rated over at mlr so I doubt you'd have any issue with them.

Shanks

Still waiting to hear back from the seller. Contacting a few importers as well to see what they can do for me.

Thanks everyone.

kahn_v

Advanced Member
on 3rd july i went to see this car for sale as it was on ebay for 5000

it was located in norfolk, beechwood drive.

from the pictures the paintwork looked spot on so i made the 300 mile round trip to view it..

when i arrived the car was in a total mess and needed a full complete respray as the person who sprayed it before completly ruined the car.

it has been resprayed before too and was in a state, drips everywhere, paint pealing in some spots, rear lights from what it looked like was glued on, bumper clips missing, front needed alignment. and the alignment had large gaps.

i avoided it straight away and left. the seller looked clueless, needed alot of maintenance work.

MaxJ

Advanced Member
^ how many miles had it done when you went to view it, or do you not remember?

Makes you wonder what on earth people do to these cars to mess them up so much.

kahn_v

Advanced Member
it was over 100 if i remember

the seller told me it was spot on but when i reached there i was pretty upset from what i saw. i will try finding some pics as im sure my dad took some as he was pretty much pissed off as it had wasted a whole day sat in traffic :mad:. maintenance wise it was not maintained.

all tires were different, had abit of rust showing on the arches too.
preparation of the paintwork was a big fail looked like some apprentice sprayed it..

but from the pics now looks like someone has restored it???

MaxJ

Advanced Member
Bodywork sorted or not, you can import one with far fewer miles for that price.

There's nothing worse than sellers lying to you either... but then for £5k on eBay you probably shouldn't expect too much :wink:

bennn

Advanced Member
MaxJ said:
Bodywork sorted or not, you can import one with far fewer miles for that price.

There's nothing worse than sellers lying to you either... but then for £5k on eBay you probably shouldn't expect too much :wink:
You can import one for around that price with around 70k.
You will then have to spend money sorting any issues out, tyres, brakes, servicing, worn parts etc etc.

You might get lucky and find it doesn't need much, you might not.
My view on it is least with a car already in the UK you can see for yourself what you are getting, you usually get a better idea of how the cars been looked after and it will usually cost you much less money without the wait, although from the sounds of it the one in question is a sh*tter

Decent low mileage examples are getting harder to come across in Japan too so for me importing would be a last resort rather than a preference and I just can't understand why its so heavily promoted on here.

MaxJ

Advanced Member
bennn said:
You can import one for around that price with around 70k.
You will then have to spend money sorting any issues out, tyres, brakes, servicing, worn parts etc etc.

You might get lucky and find it doesn't need much, you might not.
My view on it is least with a car already in the UK you can see for yourself what you are getting, you usually get a better idea of how the cars been looked after and it will usually cost you much less money without the wait, although from the sounds of it the one in question is a sh*tter

Decent low mileage examples are getting harder to come across in Japan too so for me importing would be a last resort rather than a preference and I just can't understand why its so heavily promoted on here.
I agree, I'd rather buy a UK one for peace of mind (as I did).

I wasn't so much promoting importing as something that is better than buying one over here, I was more just comparing it to the fact that this car has been / is a piece of sh*t, and as such would need all of the above spending on it without having the few things on its side that an imported car would - such as being rust-free etc...

kahn_v

Advanced Member
yeh but ive have picked up and seen good dc5's go for under 5k which needed no work and have good mods on there too