Search results

1. Snowbeard

Creaky / Squeeky Clutch Pedal

Mine did this for a while after the respray, with more frequent driving it's gone away on its own.
  2. Snowbeard

Ace Cafe London Meet 2018 ~ ***Sunday 12th August 2018***

cheers, i've added myself to the event on FB (James)
  3. Snowbeard

Ace Cafe London Meet 2018 ~ ***Sunday 12th August 2018***

Up for this, never been to ace cafe and it's just down the road. Also a week before my shoulder surgery so it'll be a nice last hurrah before not being allowed to drive for 8 weeks! WM52 YDO
  4. Snowbeard

JDMCombe Club Stand - Stand full

I'm having to pull out guys - car is going back to the bodyshop today to have some paint snagging issues fixed and i highly doubt it'll be ready in time. Never, ever get a full respray, it's a never ending headache. I've sold my stand ticket to a friend of Drew's, Amy Hawkins, shes a CW dc5...
  5. Snowbeard

Insurance for those in their 30s

seems steep to me fella. 33 here, 10 years NCB... WD7 postcode, so north london-ish. I pay £400 a year with greenlight on a modified policy with 3000 miles a year limit.
  6. Snowbeard

DC5 Weight saving

one day i'll get some desmond regamaster evos, pretty much my dream wheel.. light as fook
  7. Snowbeard

DC5 Weight saving

hmm yeah could be... my factory mitsu 15in wheels were 8.6kg for just the wheel, they were pretty damn heavy for 15s. I went to aftermarket wheels at about 6.5kg each. I would say 9kg for the 17in DC5 oem wheel without a tyre would be about right. I don't know much about tyre weights though...
  8. Snowbeard

JDMCombe Club Stand - Stand full

No problem for me having an FD2 on the stand, i'd actually really like to have a poke around one, seeing as they are the DC5s spiritual successor in a way :)
  9. Snowbeard

DC5 Weight saving

i think that wheel weight should be lbs mate, there's no way a 17in oem wheel and tyre weighs 19.5kg! 19.5lbs is 8.8kg which would be about right.
  10. Snowbeard

recaro seat covers

just ordered a pair myself :)
  11. Snowbeard

Pulling right under vtec

swap the front tyres across the axle and see if it pulls the other way...if it does, a new pair of front tyres should sort it, could be radial tyre pull.
  12. Snowbeard

Pulling while accelerating/ decelerating

I had the same problem after having new front tyres fitted and the geo done. Geo was perfect, turned out to be a tyre defect....radial tyre pull. Swapped the tyres across the axle on the front and it pulled the other way. Binned Hankook tyres and bought a pair of PS4s...sorted it.
  13. Snowbeard

Who's going Mimms? 8th April 2018

i went last year, it wasn't too bad, but i would only go again if i was going on track. As much as i like cars, it got a bit boring looking at dc5s/s2000s/civics for an entire day...very nice cars there, just not a huge amount of variety.
  14. Snowbeard

Japfest 2018 - 6 May 2018 - OFFICIAL BOOKING/DISCUSSION THREAD.

Cheers chaps, going to do my best!
  15. Snowbeard

anyone that's paid sofar, what is the total cost for entry plus stand pass? I'm super tight on cash at the moment but really hoping to make this work...shoulder surgery soon so may be my only show this year :(
  16. Snowbeard

1. DrewieJDC5 - PAID 2. SamDC5 - Paid 3. snowbeard/james - will update once i've paid.
  17. Snowbeard

pulls to right under light acceleration

Just for reference, standard springs/shocks/tyres/wheels here, and a recent alignment. Mine only torque steers when i'm driving like a loon, in every day driving it is straight as an arrow....so something is amiss there.
  18. Snowbeard

Few questions

EDIT <snip> oops, wrong thread!
  19. Snowbeard

Few questions

Personally I think the whole "mixed miles" can be a bit of a vague and slightly shady sales line to make the cars seem like they have done less miles than they have. Most dc5s are converted on import, so whatever their current mileage is, should be a true reflection of the mileage of the car...