Few questions

wocka

Advanced Member
Hello all, I‘m a ex 5 owner looking to buy another teg in around 3 months or so. I‘m obviously looking every hour of every day to see what‘s about already haha. Now my first question,

When I sold my dc5 around 3 years ago, I was told that if it‘s been converted to mph then the mileage on the clocks will be in miles but nearly every one I now see for sale says mixed miles. Which is correct?

When I 1st viewed a dc5 I checked the engine code and gearbox code to check they were actually the k20a and the lsd box, so can anyone tell me the gearbox numbers to look out for? On the other hand, testing that it has a lsd will be fun on the test drive

Last but not least, are parcel shelf‘s still rare and pricey? I had to find and buy one last time which was over £200 I think. If they are coming up even less now I will just find a car that has one included

Thanks in advance, and here‘s some pics of my old teggy, only ones I have on this phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Welcome back
Good luck in the hunt ;)
There seems to be plenty for sale so when the times right I will go and view some. Not too fussed on colour as I like them all but we shall see :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Depends on the importer, mine shows 100% in miles and the mot history shows when it was converted and this all ties up with the bimta cert from Torque GT etc.
Torque GT also sporuced me a Parcel shelf and it was £150 last year, they are still hard to source and find but if you want one they can be had.

Welcome back mate

wocka

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Depends on the importer, mine shows 100% in miles and the mot history shows when it was converted and this all ties up with the bimta cert from Torque GT etc.
Torque GT also sporuced me a Parcel shelf and it was £150 last year, they are still hard to source and find but if you want one they can be had.

Welcome back mate
Thanks for info mate, just seems every one is saying mixed now which just made me think that people are just trying to sell them with lower mileage than it actually is.

I will most likely buy a teg with a shelf and bits and bobs I want, but if the right one hasn‘t got a shelf then atleast I know I can still get hold of one

Thanks Carl

Indi

Advanced Member
Mine was imported less than a year ago through Torque GT and my mileage is a mixture of KM and miles which is all backed up by the BITMA certificate. Also I just sold a parcel shelf for £180 few weeks ago but will have another one available if needed.

Mardgee

Advanced Member
The day I purchased the car I got it fully serviced and the converter installed. I have an invoice sheet with the KM total on which is around 100 more than import then from there the total is miles. Since it‘s from a reputable garage I don‘t foresee any problems when I sell the car.

Mattz

Advanced Member
Welcome back!

I wouldn't touch one without a BIMTA cert or equivalent to prove the miles, it's part of the reason I just decided to just get a fresh import.

I've seen a few parcel shelf's sell for around £180 recently, so definitely worth finding one that still has one fitted!

Snowbeard

Personally I think the whole "mixed miles" can be a bit of a vague and slightly shady sales line to make the cars seem like they have done less miles than they have.

Most dc5s are converted on import, so whatever their current mileage is, should be a true reflection of the mileage of the car, in miles.

You can do a bit of digging through mot history, and ask for any paperwork to back it up.

wocka

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
No, mines a CW with red interior
Ohh sorry mate, I recall someone with patch in there username having a silver pfl when I had mine

wocka

Advanced Member
Snowbeard said:
Personally I think the whole "mixed miles" can be a bit of a vague and slightly shady sales line to make the cars seem like they have done less miles than they have.

Most dc5s are converted on import, so whatever their current mileage is, should be a true reflection of the mileage of the car, in miles.

You can do a bit of digging through mot history, and ask for any paperwork to back it up.
This is exactly my thinking, the numbers on the clocks are the ones that matter. If it comes with all the certificates and proves that it is mixed miles I may consider it but would look into having it changed to miles

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Some do some don‘t

Mine was imported by torque gt, the lady who initially brought it asked to keep in in km, so it‘s mot‘s show as such online as below

Date tested
10 April 2012
PASS
Mileage
110,975 km

Until

Date tested
24 September 2015
PASS
Mileage
128,856 km

She part ex‘d it back to torque gt against another car and they sold it to a guy called Nathan who worked for Honda Guildford. He asked them to convert it so it had a bimta, all docs and was converted and the mots since online show as below

Date tested
30 August 2016
PASS
Mileage
87,674 miles

The dials were also changed so it‘s now on 94k miles (all documented and easy to see online and match to docs). Also the online shows perfectly km‘s pre conversion and miles post conversion.

BataLeon

Advanced Member
My imported Teg from Torque-GT was fully converted to miles. They also got the parcel shelf for me for £150.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Welcome back ! Look forward to seeing what you buy.

I bought those purple hoses from you I‘m sure hehe 👍🏽