£1300 for a cat is this real lmao !!!!!!

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Iv got a weird rattle In between 3000-4000 revs iv had my heat shields removed I rang up Honda today as I was goin to just change the cat to try it and hope that solves it but they wanted 1300 quid I really can't believe the price of this is ther anywhere else that do em cheaper or is it best to just got for a decat lol

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Sounds about right, CATS are extortionate, not as bad as Particle filters though. I priced a new one up for a 1.9 Fiat Sedici at work and it was £3200 just for the part.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
That's crazy! So not only do they spoil your fun by about 10bhp but they want to mug you senseless for the priviledge!!

shanedixon

Advanced Member
i couldnt belive it to be fair not 100 per cent sure if it is the cat i need to find the rattle first was just gettin a quote but if it is il give u a pm
coyote_dc5 i priced an 02 sensor up aswell as i need one 250 quid stupid lol

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Can't see it being the CAT tbh, they don't seem to give much trouble, might be worth checking all the exhaust bolts are tight and the hangers are all in place. Other than that just a good look around to make sure nothing's loose underneath.

Is the heatshield still in place above the driveshaft?
This is a common area for rattles.

tico_87

Advanced Member
i couldnt belive it to be fair not 100 per cent sure if it is the cat i need to find the rattle first was just gettin a quote but if it is il give u a pm
coyote_dc5 i priced an 02 sensor up aswell as i need one 250 quid stupid lol
O2 sensor cost max £190 delivered. I know as Iv had to buy both Pre and after cat. Got them both from Dave @ Steels Honda.

-Woody-

Advanced Member
O2 Sensor for £100 ;)

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24999-primary-o2-sensors-for-80/page__p__271245__hl__sensor__fromsearch__1#entry271245