£19k Pistonheads DC5 HKS demo

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Yep its an RSX with the a3 engine not that it matters on this machine as it'll far out perform most TRs anyway looking at that spec!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
its not a ex HKS demo car either . its slightly weird as its rhd for an RSX

R

recarosoll

How did it go from twelve thousand Euro when tuning factory were trying to sell it to nineteen thousand sterling? Which is about twenty four thousand Euro.

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
I was going to say the same evo... Rhd rsx? Not happening (plus no sunroof) . It's obviously a type R..... With a swapped out engine... K20a3 were lower compression weren't they? Meaning more suitable for the turbo?

R

recarosoll

samwelltrademarked said:
I was going to say the same evo... Rhd rsx? Not happening (plus no sunroof) . It's obviously a type R..... With a swapped out engine... K20a3 were lower compression weren't they? Meaning more suitable for the turbo?
I've seen it up in modello a few times before they tried to sell it in Ireland. Didn't seem that quick behind honest but then again my sight isn't the best.

Mark_teg

Staff member
samwelltrademarked said:
Non type-R dials, 8k rpm!

So I wouldn't say 'it's obviously a type-R' at all :p

p1tse

Advanced Member
Good find on the link

600 miles in 8 years!
What is the point?

K20A3 block, what is that from?

kwiatu

Advanced Member
It's DC5 iS from Japan in my opinion, cause:
RSXs are LHD only
all of RSX have sunroof (without canadian model)
cluster in RSX is scaled in Miles (not kmph like this one)
rsx base headlights are chrome inside (not black)

K20a3 engine probably because block was cheaper, even all inside parts are changed to forged pieces. But weird thing for me is that they stayed with plastic intake manifold...