Will it be worth it :?

Rob

Evs

Advanced Member
'The quality will be remembered long after the price has been forgotten'

:wink:

Archie

Advanced Member
Rob where did you get it from and how much did it cost you , as im after one after next payday :D

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
Direct From Japan, it took about a week which isnt too bad i suppose,

The only place now i think,

We used to be dealers at work for Gruppe M till they stopped all dealers,

We fitted a few Ferrari 360 ones :D

Its hard to deal with Gruppe M europe they will just forward the Emails to japan now anyway.

The shipping date will be on Apr 11 2006 from us

It sends it by 「EMS」 as "Gift".

Thanks,

Gruppe M Inc.
Manabu Hoya

didnt come as a gift thou :cry:

User

Advanced Member
LOL. The first time you nail it and change gear - you'll realise why it costs so much.

Very nearly soiled myself first time I heard it.

Incredible piece of kit, but - it does need some work to fix it down properly - has a habit of working itself free. Thread lock will be your friend. ;)

To get mine fixed: -

1) thread lock on bolts
2) uprated engine mounts stop the engine and kit rocking around
3) Sticky velcro buttons on underneath of airbox and top of OE brace

It doesn't move. At all.

Also get yourself some K&N filter cleaner - it's a kit - I got mine from an Aircraft servicing place online dirt cheap. Not used it yet though because it says only to use it when the filter is absolutely totally filthy dirty - that gets the best results.

gregb

Advanced Member
mine came with the k&n filter care service kit in the box from gruppem japan.
kit contains cleaner and oil.
it came in handy when i was giving my missus the hks mushroom of my car for hers,the dirt that came out :shock:

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
very chuffed with it,

Fitting as abit of pain but was expecting that from what ive read on here,

Still abit of rattles here an there, just needs abit of fine tuning,

Car pulls great, its rained all day here so not best conditions feels like abit more torque around 4k -5k my wheels were spinning before vtec :oops: in vtec the noise is spot on,

David Fox

Advanced Member
I had to pay the extra £90+ as well when i got mine, but now its fitted i couldnt care less! It sounds awesome and i cant wait to get back to the UK to drive it again and nail the VTEC!

Dave :shock:

David Fox

Advanced Member
I had to pay the extra £90+ as well when i got mine, but now its fitted i couldnt care less! It sounds awesome and i cant wait to get back to the UK to drive it again and nail the VTEC!

Dave :shock:

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
Just a quick question,

Do most people take of the Intake scuttle when its raining?

Was dropping alittle this morning and i left it on,

Evs

Advanced Member
Do you mean the scoop, or the scuttle panel?

I just leave it on all the time, there's a hole in the bottom of the airbox to let water out anyway. Can't see why you'd have a problem with it unless you fired a couple of hosepipes down it with the engine running!

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
Yeh sorry the Carbon Scoop,

Think i will leave it in, Just try not to jet wash down it :lol:

Thanks Evs

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
I was paranoid about the scoop for ages. lol

How was the fitting mate I have heard that recently they have improved the fitting of the DC5 kit.

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
Yeh System R told me i should be lucky and fitting should be ok,

all was fine abit fiddly in places just a few rattle here and there but nothing bad at all.

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Ive finally had a chance to fit a GROUP M induction kit on my car tonight that i received a few days ago! It took me nearly 3hours to fit the thing! :shock: but was worth the time and money when i got it running!! :lol: :lol: Tell you what this piece of kit is worth every penny!! Power and torque is there when you need it and the SOUND! is awsome when vtec comes in!! Will stick some pictures up very soon!! :wink:

I'd definatley recommend this to anyone who is thinking of buying one!! :p

I also love the sucking noise when i switch the engine off hehe!! WAHEY! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Ive just noticed that the actual box does not sit properly on the modified cowl top so it looks like to me that when it rains its going to just drip into my engine bay i think?? instead of going down the actual air box and down the tiny hole :?