0 - 60 Time

phil_444

Advanced Member
On my way home from Liverpool today I stopped at some services and picked up a copy of this months Evo magazine to have a quick browse. In the stats in the back to my suprise was the ITR, 217 BHP etc etc and then the 0-60 time down as 7.1 Sec !! Surely this can not be right?

This is slower than the CTR, how can a car which is lighter and more powerful be slower?

Is this a misprint as I would have expected to see early 6's. What does everyone else think or what time have recorded?

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
I saw that too. I think they done the times from an article called the "Three R's" on their site where they make comparisons between the ITR and the CTR at Millbrook (intresting read http://www.evo.co.uk ). I've also seen times of 5.8, 6.0 & 6.2secs! But some press print the true 0 - 60mph others 0 - 62mph (=100kph). I don't know what it is... but it aint 7.1secs!

Scary

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
From said article...

On the spot at Millbrook, a cursory glance showed that the Civic was the quicker car: having posted the same 0-30mph time, it delivered a sub-7sec 0-60 while the Integra just wouldn't dip below 7. Had I looked further down the tape I'd have seen that by 100mph the Integra had not only clawed back the deficit, it had turned it into an advantage – 16.7 plays 16.9sec.

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Nice... that confirms it then(?)! 0 - 62mph (100kmph) is 6.0 seconds flat. The claim for 0 - 60mph of 5.8 *may* be true. Anyways, Im happy :wink: .

Cheers Phil

Scary

Petrolhead

It is true what you say about magazines miss printing and putting 0-62s as 0-60s. The 01 CTRs 0-60 was officially quoted as 6.4, so i reckon the DC5s 0-60 could well be 5.8..

Watch out though... run in CTRs having been clocked at 5.9 - 60 and mid to high 15's to 100 :wink:

Kudos

The S2000's time is 6.2 upto 60mph. It has 20bhp more and is alot lighter, so 5.8 on a STD DC5 does not sound correct to me. I have never timed it, but it is damn quick!!!

Petrolhead

Kudos said:
The S2000's time is 6.2 upto 60mph. It has 20bhp more and is alot lighter, so 5.8 on a STD DC5 does not sound correct to me. I have never timed it, but it is d*mn quick!!!
I take it you just got the S's time from the Honda UK site... Well if you have you've just made the mistake like the magazines that we've all been taking about.. The 6.2 is to 62mph as Honda quoted NOT 60.

6.2 to 62 equates to about 5.8/5.9 to 60mph. I would say that sounds about right.

Kudos

Ah I see!!! That would explain it then. I'm sure I should read things closer!!! Mine must be well under 6 then.

Nice!

T666YPR

In UK press S2000 is generally quoted as 0-62mph = 6.2secs
UK Road tests in the region of 0-60 in 5.6secs
The S2000 starts at 1260kg
The DC5 starts at 1170kg
The Honda website shows the 0-62 for the JDM Type R
Nobody has properly figured the DC5 in the UK only estimates

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Kudos said:
The S2000's time is 6.2 upto 60mph. It has 20bhp more and is alot lighter, so 5.8 on a STD DC5 does not sound correct to me. I have never timed it, but it is d*mn quick!!!
S2000 isnt light mate... well it might be with a GIRL behind the wheel but not with blokes in it 8)

As for it being quick.. they are fast but not as fast as you think .. its that low down feeling mate... makes you think your fast :wink:

UW

Kudos

Jesus, looking at that it's not light is it!!!! Quite bizarre that a car a small as it is car be heavier than the DC5. I bow down to your expert knowledge.

I'm worried about you Mark and the fact you keep imagining me as a girl!!! Is there something you want to share with us all? :wink:

Trung

Advanced Member
Its not the point of a smaller car. All convertables have extra stiffen chassis to reduce flex without the support of the pillars and roof.
The extra stiffness adds a LOT of weight.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Kudos said:
There I was thinking cos it didnt have a roof it would be lighter!!!! :oops:
Muppet...

see you even think like a girl... LOL

ok ok enough of the girl jokes...

Have a good weekend everyone, the wife and I are off to see the inlaws in sumerset, Taking the civic for a little spin :D

Just had the tints done today so will post up a few pics when we return.

UW