1/4 mile times

Erm

Advanced Member
What has everyone got? Some knobber with a 350Z don't believe that DC5 do 1/4mile in the 14s......

so please post up your best times :D

herts62

My best time when fairly standard (just Hondata reflash) was 14.4sec . 14's are easy in a DC5, well they are now :wink:

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
My best time when only with my Amuse exhaust and A'pexi V-AFC2 with a VTEC engagement of 4900 was a 14.29 at 161km/h. This was launching at a low 2400rpms. Now this was measured by my A'pexi RSM and it was 400m, 8' short of a true quarter mile.

I have yet to measure since installing the Toda exmani and GruppeM intake. But I have played with some pretty quick cars and have hung or slightly edged them out. I believe that I am into the high 13s right now.

Dragging is not my thing, it is a little bit fun, but over here we launch and then run for a good 2-3 km all out and usually never in a straight line, but not drastic bends in the road. Usually we will get up to about 220km/h and then shut down. Afterall we are on public roads. This is not done in traffic, so don't get angry and say I am careless. This happens in the wee hours of the morning around 1 or 2am, when the only people on the road are those doing the same thing.

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
My old Jdm CTR managed a 14.01, midly modded, would break into the 13's if I had been really agressive with the clutch.

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Done at the Pod, I never found the slip and I havent a clue what the terminal speed was, I havent a clue what she was putting out at the time, all I know now was the engine would have gone pop, clutch and flywheel were knackered apparently Ricardo was amazed I could change gear, and syncros needed replacing which I knew anyway.

I really miss my old JDM CTR, shame the new owner restyled it into a roundabout :wink: , think it has only done 500 or so miles since I sold it last Feb, hopefully when I see Ricardo, very soon can drive it, althou more intrested in his K20a Supercharged Exige, that will be mine oh yes :twisted:

I will hopefully be a Honda owner soon, looking for a DC2, need a car with a big boot :lol: , the Elise is a fantastic car that Im keeping until Ricardo sells his Exige, with full harnesses in its a PITA to drive every day so need a suitable sensible 2nd car :p

JDMCTR

Type R - Matt said:
I will hopefully be a Honda owner soon, looking for a DC2, need a car with a big boot :lol:
Sure you can't be tempted back to the EK9 fold Matt? Saw a T reg one with 28K for £9K the other day :wink:

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
As much as I would like an EK9, its purely insurance, hence why I want a standard UK DC2, it will only be on a 6000miles a year policy, so around £600ish.

My brother is after an EK9, could you pass the details on please.

herts62

Type R - Matt said:
Excellent time, well done IIRC isnt there a slight incline at Long Marston?
I thought that when I looked at it but was assured it was flat and that Santa Pod has an incline but holds all the records! Now looking for 12.5's :wink:

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Weight I guess will be the stumbling block for you I guess, got plenty of power 8) Are you using R Rated tyres, that should grab you a few tenths?

herts62

Type R - Matt said:
Weight I guess will be the stumbling block for you I guess, got plenty of power 8) Are you using R Rated tyres, that should grab you a few tenths?
What are R rated tyres? I have Dunlop DJ01's up front, they are pretty sticky

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
herts62 said:
Type R - Matt said:
Formula "R" mate... R rated tyres :roll:

herts62

Unnamed_warrior said:
herts62 said:
Type R - Matt said:
Formula "R" mate... R rated tyres :roll:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Could you email your power graph to me please, would like to show the Elise community 300 bhp is available with the S/C. :roll:

Thanks