1 thing to check for CEL LIGHT / Powerloss?

neolee40

Advanced Member
I took my car to get serviced and asked them to check out the CEL light probmlem. AS some of you know I had this porblem with the CEL light coming on. Well it turned out that the Throttle bodies sensor was faulty resulting in a (sleep MODE) where your car kinda just does enough to get home and your dc-5 not really performing like it should maybe to the extent of Power loss? Just make sure you guys check this out if your light is still coming on.

only thing is it will cost around £350-400 to fix but the warrenty is sorting it out thank fully

so there u go..could be an answer to some of your problems.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a JDM DC5 like most of us on here as far as i am aware the CEL does not come on with a decat.

f1nal zeros

Advanced Member
You guys dont have 02 sensors on your cars? Last I checked the DC5R came with a catalytic converter which if you think about it would come with 02 sensors.

The only reason my CEL is on is because the computer reads the car does not read the cat working.

jonster

Advanced Member
The Type-R does have a secondary O2 sensor that checks to see of the CAT is working. Some people with the CAT removed don't get the CEL light and with others do. I've had it throw up a CEL after every few starts. I did have an early Hondata re-flash at the time but I don't think this should have changed things. Now I've got the Hondata KPro I can turn the CEL off in s/w.

Jon

Tarmac

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
If you have a JDM DC5 like most of us on here as far as i am aware the CEL does not come on with a decat.
yep - mine doesn't come and i have a spoon decat fitted.

f1nal zeros

Advanced Member
Weird, My CEL came on after about 200 miles with my race header on.
I should just get kpro and turn it off. Oh well soon, first I'm getting a house then more goodies for my car. :)