16inch wheels....fitment

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
will 16inch wheels clear the 300mm brembos? i know TGM motorsport had some 15's on but they may have changed the brakes.....?? i think 16 inch wheels with fatter tyres look aggressive and i dont really like the look of 'big wheels'....lol

ive tried the search button btw

dave c

400hp K20
will 16inch wheels clear the 300mm brembos? i know TGM motorsport had some 15's on but they may have changed the brakes.....?? i think 16 inch wheels with fatter tyres look aggressive and i dont really like the look of 'big wheels'....lol

ive tried the search button btw

Was thinking this the other day, anyone got any ideas?

I know there was 1 wheel design that fit in a 15". Think it was the old style team dynamics wheel?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
There are several that will go on , but all look silly, you have to have such a big sidewall on the tyre to make the circumference correct , they will have a negative effect on handling due to the sidewall

17" aren't big they are the std size, I can't imagine you have much more choice in 16 as there will only be one or two that fit so will be much more limited ,

For track use then fair enough , although they still look daft , with a smaller tyre fitted it will reduce the gearing a little and can make it a bit quicker out of the corners ,

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
i think 16's with a slightly higher tyre profile, and lowered a tad will look spot on.....but i do understand 17 is the perfect size....it was just a thought...........

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
does any 1 know if this bolt pattern fits dc5?..... 8 x 100/114.3 im assuming the 8 holes will have 1 for a 4 way and 1 for a 5 way fitment??

the wheels are rota auto-x