16th of June @ thruxton

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Good luck to the Honda's making it through the day without being black flagged for noise.

Have you guys been there? I would love to drive Thruxton, but they're sound limits are ridiculous.

Big_phil

Chaps, wanting to get this booked but nervous of sound limits. I've got a fujitsibo rmo1a, think it's rated at 92db anyone had a real world measure? Or know how strict they are on the 90 limit?

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Big_phil said:
Chaps, wanting to get this booked but nervous of sound limits. I've got a fujitsibo rmo1a, think it's rated at 92db anyone had a real world measure? Or know how strict they are on the 90 limit?
Hi get the app sound meter on your phone get someone​ to rev the car to 4k & hold it there, stand about a metre from the exhaust & see what you db is if it's under 90 you should be ok if not I have a OEM exhaust you could borrow were are you based?

Phil r type

Advanced Member
They are very stricked on static db, if it helps though my civic was 88 at brands and only 81 at thruxston ???? I spoke the the old man who did the drive by and he said " if you sound loud on drive by I'll come out and test you but I'm getting old and don't like walking far lol" there was a b18 civic there Clio's on itb's and no one was fagged for noise all day :)

Big_phil

Thanks for the replies and offer of the standard system. I've bought a bung/baffle and will take a standard backbox in case. But hopefully should be alright...

Ticket bought - who else is going? Would be nice to come say hi!

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Big_phil said:
Thanks for the replies and offer of the standard system. I've bought a bung/baffle and will take a standard backbox in case. But hopefully should be alright...
Ticket bought - who else is going? Would be nice to come say hi!
Am definitely there Ive also got a pit garage so pop over & say hi