17'' or 18'' alloys on a dc5

Type K

Advanced Member
Cant decide which would be better to go for. Have seen some 17's that look too small and 18's that look too big.

any advice or pics to help

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
All depends on spoke pattern.

I run 18's that many people confuse with 17's because of the spoke pattern. (Deep dish wheels with shorter spokes)

If you get 17's that you want to look larger than they are, get a spoke pattern that goes to the edge of the wheel.

For example, both 17", but one looks bigger than the other because of the spoke pattern:

Spokes that go to the edge on 18" wheels look HUGE! Just imagine the wheels in the above picture are now 18".

Here we have OEM 17's vs my 18's:

OEM 17's vs after market 17's that have a much smaller spoke pattern that don't go to the edge of the rim:

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Well said. On any other car id say bigger is better but as the car is such a track weapon and set up to be perfect on 17s I'll stick with them. As porthos says just pick a spoke pattern that suits the car. Id imagine you'll save a few ounces at each corner too which for wheels especially translates to better response.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Here's mine on 18s

Next wheels I will be getting will be 17s tho! 18s look cool but 17 better on track ect

Type K

Advanced Member
unlike most my wheels wont be for track and i currently have some buddyclub p1's but want to go for a wheel with a dish that sits nicely inside the arch