17x8 ET35

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Hi guys I've found a set of wheels in the above size.

They will be fitted with 215/40/17 tyres. So a bit of stretch. Will these fit ok or will arches need to be rolled?

If anyone has some pics of that size wheel on their 5 could you post them plead :)

Cheers

Alex

rascal69

Advanced Member
I would say rolled arches. My car is on 17x8 et45 and had to roll my rears with 215/45's.
Voodoo on here has 7.5 inch wide volk and are now rubbing with 215/45's.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I would say you would need to roll the arches as well, unless you have some aggressive camber, then it would be fine.

as a rule, I suggest sticking to ET45 and above. Depends what kind of look you are going for.

I have ET40 Lenso wheels and they just fit in the arch with some camber.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Depending how low you car is depends on what work would be needed to get them to fit.. I've seen wider on DC5's with even lower offsets so it won't be to much hassle getting them to fit well.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info guys!

Will see if I can get some other wheels with a higher offset of about et45 or et48 as I'm not keen on rolling the arches. Don't want the paint to crack and have both rear qtr's painted :(

However does anyone have any pics at all with the size I asked about fitted? Wouldnt mind seeing what they look like and how the rolled arches look.

Thanks

Alex

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
i run 18x8 et40 no problems at all only when i was slammed but I raised it slightly with no problems

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
I think I'll go see the bloke selling them as he is local and try them on.

Thats my best bet. I can then see what work is needed for them to fit perfect.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
I think I'll go see the bloke selling them as he is local and try them on.

Thats my best bet. I can then see what work is needed for them to fit perfect.

don't just bolt them on and go yeah that fits lol test drive them if you can if not do a full lock check ect.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
However does anyone have any pics at all with the size I asked about fitted? Wouldnt mind seeing what they look like and how the rolled arches look.

Thanks

Alex
Front: 17X8 ET 35
Rear: 17x9 ET38

8x17 Buddyclub wheels ET35.

fitted with 235x40x17 R888. arches rolled front and rear. we did this mod on the Demo car. handles very very well.

Tried 215 but they slide a very very lot in wet or dry when driving hardddddd.

will88

Front: 17X8 ET 35
Rear: 17x9 ET38

Dont know what it would feel like with 17x8 ET35 all round but with the 9's on the rear it rubbed like hell without the arches being rolled. The fronts werent to bad just now and then would rub a little. Never altered the camber either with these on.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Dont know what it would feel like with 17x8 ET35 all round but with the 9's on the rear it rubbed like hell without the arches being rolled. The fronts werent to bad just now and then would rub a little. Never altered the camber either with these on.

they do look good

Vindots

Advanced Member
for that regamasters on dc5 Fwd, with staggered size & offset I would put the 17x9 at fronts and chuck 245/40/17 tyres and 17x8 at rear with 215/45/17 good combo for racing!
but that blue one up there phortos looks soo good mate! :)

will88

for that regamasters on dc5 Fwd, with staggered size & offset I would put the 17x9 at fronts and chuck 245/40/17 tyres and 17x8 at rear with 215/45/17 good combo for racing!
but that blue one up there phortos looks soo good mate! :)

Would that work ok? Seems skinny for the rears?
The rega's will be going back on for trax in a different colour scheme, think they'll be going up for sale aswell..possibly..maybe...