17x9 45offset

Vindots

Advanced Member
Would this size be ok in the inside part of the wheel arch? wouldn't it touch any inner parts?

any pics shows 17x9 with 45offset?

thanks guys!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I would expect them to touch the wheelarch in a big way . Et 50 or more is generally where you neef to be , problem then is the inner edge is very close to the inner arch

Try a pm to dave c. He has 17x9 I think

jason100

I had 17x8.5 ET45 with 225/45 tyres on my old DC5 and they were perfect, no rubbing issues what-so-ever and my car was lowered 35mm. I would have said the higher the ofset the more rubbing problems you'll have.

If you look at my aviator thats my old car with the wheels on it.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
are you sure they were 8.5's jason? as they wouldnt normally fit without touching especially with 225's, got and close up pics? would like to see the arch gap

jason100

are you sure they were 8.5's jason? as they wouldnt normally fit without touching especially with 225's, got and close up pics? would like to see the arch gap
100% sure mate. My friend works for a Wilco/fastfit and I asked him to measure them when I first got them and he said they were exactly 8.5"

Also 195/45 were stretched to fit on the rim. So that's why I got 225/45 for a better fit.

Sorry haven't got no up close photos

jon-dc5

Advanced Member
I had 17x8.5 ET45 with 225/45 tyres on my old DC5 and they were perfect, no rubbing issues what-so-ever and my car was lowered 35mm. I would have said the higher the ofset the more rubbing problems you'll have.

If you look at my aviator thats my old car with the wheels on it.
The lower the offset the more the wheel sticks out in the arch, i.e the oem wheels are +60mm offset,
Most aftermarket wheels are lower then that.

Vindots

Advanced Member
jason can you please post up some pics of your car with the wheels on? thanks mate!

paul hughes

we put 17x8 ET35 on our Demo car with 235.40.17 R888. we had to roll the arches a bit.

so 17x9 ET45 would stick out about 2mm further, not much ,and if you used normal 235.40.17 road tyres they would not catch as bad as R888 square wall tyres.

regards,
Paul,

rarerims

The width of the wheel doesnt make a noticable difference when it comes to rubbing, rubbing is down to two things, width of TYRE, and offset.

A 17x9 et45 with a 225.45.17 will clear in my opinion, as easily as a 17x7.5 with an et45.

The tyre Tread doesnt get any wider with wheel width, and thats the first place of contact with the arch.

Vindots

Advanced Member
by the way paul, what is the specs of the wheels you are using in racing? is that the SF racing or the QF racing? and what size? 17x9 is that right?