17x9.5 +57 clearance

unsungDC5s

Anybody running this spec? I‘ll have around -2.5 degrees of camber, just worried about strut and control arm clearances?

I did spend a good hour sifting through the ‘What wheels fit‘ thread with no answers.

TIA 👍🏽

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
They are not going to fit easily I wouldn‘t have thought. Looked on the wheel calculator for your existing setup / new setup comparison? Could then go out and measure yourself so you know where you are.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=255&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=9&offset=50&width2=255&aspect2=40&wheel_size=17&wheel_width=9-5&offset2=57

I've known people to run 17x9 et50 with a 255 tyre on the front, but even then this scrubs on the arch liners and strut. Youll probably have to trim the arch liners and bend the fixing tabs back too. Also would require a lot of camber (3deg minimum) on stock fenders

The rear arches would need rolling.

Ideally if you want a wide set up look for 17x9 et 45 ish

unsungDC5s

Thanks for the replies 👍🏽. The scrubbing of the strut, is that with oem struts or aftermarket? I know most aftermarket struts are a thinner design than the oem.

dave7368

Advanced Member
no idea about clearance on the wings as i don't have any, but as far as clearance on the inner arch / suspension is no issues with 18x10.5 with 275's

Reggie91

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
no idea about clearance on the wings as i don't have any, but as far as clearance on the inner arch / suspension is no issues with 18x10.5 with 275's
unsungDC5s said:
Yeah i was going to say the same. Width wouldn't be the deciding factor if the ET was really low, which i think they are on your wheels Dave.

ET57 us quiet a high offset for a dc5. That's more S2000 spec

unsungDC5s

Reggie91 said:
Yeah i was going to say the same. Width wouldn't be the deciding factor if the ET was really low, which i think they are on your wheels Dave.

ET57 us quiet a high offset for a dc5. That's more S2000 spec
Yea, the wheels in question are in fact spec‘d for s2000‘s. I could get a really good deal for them but it would be pointless if I couldn‘t make it work.