17x9 et 38

woods206

Hi guys

Will this fitment be ok to fit on the dc5 .17x9 et 38. If so what size tyre would be best .I have hsd mono pro coilovers fitted .

Thanks .

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
thats an evo sized wheel, will be close on the rears if its low, ideally 235 on a 9" wheel but id look at a 225, i think it will rub tho

woods206

Should I look for a higher offset again then. I don't want to have stretched tyres on really .I see someone's selling rota fighters in 17x9 but are et 50 .He states there perfect fitment with a 225 tyre.

I guess the other option is to put loads of camber on and roll arches .

Chewy

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
I have EVO 9 wheels. The 17x8 et38 and fit lovely
What size tyres and suspension combination do you have?

I have the same 17x8 et38 + 225/45 on my NT03's and they scrubs on the rears over bumps, or when I have people in the back and I'm only dropped 15mm on a Mugen suspension.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
woods206 said:
Should I look for a higher offset again then. I don't want to have stretched tyres on really .I see someone's selling rota fighters in 17x9 but are et 50 .He states there perfect fitment with a 225 tyre.

I guess the other option is to put loads of camber on and roll arches .
Et50 would be good or roll arches , couple of degrees neg camber will affect its straight line stability ( not advise able )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
What size tyres and suspension combination do you have?

I have the same 17x8 et38 + 225/45 on my NT03's and they scrubs on the rears over bumps, or when I have people in the back and I'm only dropped 15mm on a Mugen suspension.
Lowered on spoon springs with frsu. Rolled arches and currently 215 tyres on rear but will be putting 225 on next

woods206

Et50 is so high. I want a set of work wheels but there et38. The only et 50 wheels incandescent find is something like rota fighters. Guess the other option is get a 8j wheel instead of 9s.

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
ive read this a few times now and still not sure as to what you want... your question has been answered by Dan34, and mikey_t8, though personally i wouldn't recommend 215 tyres on a 9" rim, and now you are on about 8" rims...?? if you are after concave, dish look it will depend on manufacturer and style.

woods206

I want works 11r. So with dans answer then it's fine. I didn't even see dans comment as I missed it. So I will be ordering the 11r in 9j et 38 and will get the rear arches rolled. I wouldn't consider putting a 215 on a 9j. I only considered the 8j as it was said et38 was to strong.