1st Person Shooter For PC..

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
...anyone have any recommendations? I`ve just sold my PS3 as I didn`t use it a great deal but now and again I fancy playing something on my PC..used to like MOH and COD etc but not sure if these have transferred to PC very well and dont want to waste money buying something thats cr@p..also,would like some advice about a decent game pad to use with the PC..thanks in advance,David

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
battlefiled 3 or MW3 on tuesday?

iv always used to use a wired 360 controller for pc games :) but i aint played games for years now :(

armjoker

Advanced Member
crysis, crysis 2, just cause, far cry 2, rainbow six editions... splinter cell editions....

Granty1056

Advanced Member
...anyone have any recommendations? I`ve just sold my PS3 as I didn`t use it a great deal but now and again I fancy playing something on my PC..used to like MOH and COD etc but not sure if these have transferred to PC very well and dont want to waste money buying something thats cr@p..also,would like some advice about a decent game pad to use with the PC..thanks in advance,David
Hi.

I've just finished Battlefield 3 in single player, on PC. Its very good. Some decent graphics. Some of the cut scenes are a bit tiresome but you can "cut em" by pressing the enter key. Can't help with game pads. I've always used keyboard and mouse.

Regards.

Chris_M

Advanced Member
Hi.

I've just finished Battlefield 3 in single player, on PC. Its very good. Some decent graphics. Some of the cut scenes are a bit tiresome but you can "cut em" by pressing the enter key. Can't help with game pads. I've always used keyboard and mouse.

Regards.
I thought Campaign mode was awful....no A.I., no rag-doll physics and very linear. Visually it was nice but absolutely zero gameplay.

I still play Counterstrike and Counterstrike Source. \0/

Vtequila

Dutchy
I thought Campaign mode was awful....no A.I., no rag-doll physics and very linear. Visually it was nice but absolutely zero gameplay.

I still play Counterstrike and Counterstrike Source. \0/
I too, do you have a full team to play against ?

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
I dont even see why they bother trying to pretend with a single player in games like battlefield, the only reason they exist is for online multilayer...

Aly

Advanced Member
If you wanna use a mouse and keyboard (the way FPS is intended to be played) then counter strike is worth a look. Its not as easy to pick up as COD / BF tho..

CJN

Advanced Member
I use a PS3 Dual Shock 3 pad to play PC games. You have to map the buttons on some games, but I trick the PC into thinking the PS3 pad is an XBOX one.

I've modded GTA IV PC so I have super strength, installed the EK9/DC5/Skyline and I've even installed the WTC buildings!

I play BF3 mostly on PC though. Only reason I use a PS3 pad is because I'm waiting for my new mouse.

Josh16v

Advanced Member
What about a zombie take on a first person shooter? Left 4 Dead 2 is an excellent online / team game, and cheap now too!

RonnDing

Battlefield has gone hill. Bf4 sucks. Dayz is popular as well as all the arma mods. But personally I like counter strike global offensive. If you don't want to play multiplayer then far cry 3 and payday are okay. If anyone want to play add me on steam "RonnDing" have a team speak server up and running as well game servers. TS server details are on my profile

Linus27

Advanced Member
BF3 is awesome but not enjoyed BF4 as much. Maps seem dull despite having some nice features. I play a lot of the ARMA games but not got into ARMA 3 yet. Left For Dead 2 is excellent and was being given away for free on steam at Xmas :)

RonnDing

Linus27 said:
BF3 is awesome but not enjoyed BF4 as much. Maps seem dull despite having some nice features. I play a lot of the ARMA games but not got into ARMA 3 yet. Left For Dead 2 is excellent and was being given away for free on steam at Xmas :)
Totally agree, spent a load of time playing BF3, pre-ordered the premium for BF4 thinking it was going to be great. Turned out rubbish. Lost hope with EA/Dice! I haven't played that much arma 3 but my friends play a lot of the mods. Even have a altis life server running at the moment.

DC5RS

DC5
RonnDing said:
Totally agree, spent a load of time playing BF3, pre-ordered the premium for BF4 thinking it was going to be great. Turned out rubbish. Lost hope with EA/Dice! I haven't played that much arma 3 but my friends play a lot of the mods. Even have a altis life server running at the moment.
same exact as my situation, wish BF4 never camed out

Rom

Advanced Member
It wasnt...

For me anyway. Still getting exactly the same poor hitreg. Random deaths by a guy with a pistol, who wasnt even looking at me when i started shooting etc.

On the plus side, they gave away BF3 recently i think....so servers should be quite populated :) Much better game.