2 piece oem size discs

_BILLY_EK9_

Advanced Member
what do you guys think of these ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170457684469?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320500349643?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Mark_teg

Staff member
I'd be careful of buying such an important part (relatively) cheaply. The first ones you've listed look especially poor.

I dont think there'll be any worthwhile performance advantage for these anyway. If you really want two piece disks (which will be worthwhile), dry ringing TGM in Fleet but expect to pay considerably more! (Search "Paul G" disks and "AP Racing" IIRC)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you need to be careful with stuff listed for a DC5, DC5 is only the bodyshape, the model is a TYPE R, the first rotor isnt listed as a type R, the second lists the centre as forged aluminium, which looks more like Billet to be, cant think why anyone would go to the lengths of forging when cnc machining would be sronger, simpler and cheaper, i would be wary,
i believe buddyclub do a decent 2 piece rotor,

personally i raced for a considerable time with good quality machined 1 piece discs, and good pads, my calipers were black as they had been on fire more than once lol.

paul hughes

C&S Evo7 said:
you need to be careful with stuff listed for a DC5, DC5 is only the bodyshape, the model is a TYPE R, the first rotor isnt listed as a type R, the second lists the centre as forged aluminium, which looks more like Billet to be, cant think why anyone would go to the lengths of forging when cnc machining would be sronger, simpler and cheaper, i would be wary,
i believe buddyclub do a decent 2 piece rotor,

personally i raced for a considerable time with good quality machined 1 piece discs, and good pads, my calipers were black as they had been on fire more than once lol.
we certainly do. they are SG Iron rotors by Powervane USA, and our own billet alloy bells. As used on Buddyclub DC5 car2 ,winner of Nippon Challenge GT300 class 2011.