2 questions : paint and ECU

Splink

Advanced Member
Hello,

I bought a 2001 dc5 about 1.5 months ago now. Very happy with it and just wanting to say hi to everyone on here :)

I am a complete newbie when it comes to the car, the ECU, and things in general, so please forgive my n00b questions - I have a quick learning curve though :)

Ok. The championship white paint. Where can I get it? I have caught the front bumper underneath on a frigging gutter and just want to cover it over and cut it down.

Also, the ECU. I want to get someone to have a look at the ECU, find out what been loaded and get a little bit more information about the ecu and the car in general. I am from Warwickshire, are their any Hondata peeps or people who know Uberdata near?

lastly - its soooooooooooooo good to see a UK DC5 forum !!![/img]

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi

The paint code is NH0, you can order from any Honda Dealer, if your local one is not helpful, then give Dave @ Steels Honda a call. I know NH0 touch up paint is held in Belgium. A chap that works for HLC asked for me.

As to the ECU and Hondata? are you sure you have an ECU thats been played with? If you want to meet up etc, I have the K-Pro and dont live a million miles away from Warwick, I'm in Stroud Glos.

Mike

Splink

Advanced Member
yer that would be cool. I have not the foggiest idea on how to get started on looking at the ECU, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am just curious to know if anything has been loaded on there or if its a default setup. Would it be ok to contact you to have a chat about this?

The info on the paint is useful. Thanks bud.

My car has Tein adjustable coil overs on there. I bought the car with them on, and it is low. The grip on the road with the coil overs is sweet, and the adjustables give you that bit of flexability. The ride is a little harder than normal - watch out for speed bumps ! All in all though, i am well happy with them.

T666YPR

Welcome aboard Splink,

I'm in Hinckley,Leics,just outside Warks but as yet not had my ecu touched up,but is in the pipeline.

Where abouts are you as some of my mates may have spotted you?(days when I'm not in the car and they swear they've seen me!!)

Simon

Splink

Advanced Member
hehe cool.

I am a few miles from you - in Hartshill. I didnt know there was another DC5 just up the road :) Some people may have seen me on the A5 a few times, or driving towards Hinkley or the other way towards Atherstone. Nice to know there is another guy with good taste just up the road :)

Kev