20% Off - Halfords Pioneer

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Might see if they have some speakers mine are well dead, thanks for sharing

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I need someone to buy my old one for me to justify buying this one!!

Any idea when the offer runs out?

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I need someone to buy my old one for me to justify buying this one!!

Any idea when the offer runs out?
Not sure, but here is something to tempt you....

PayPal have their own credit card now, although I'm not sure you get a physical card, think it's just for online purchases. Anyway.... with the PayPal CC you get 4months 0% interest on ALL purchases, FOREVER! So you could always get one and then spread the cost over 4months while you wait for your old one to sell on eBay ;)

Just a thought as i'm pretty sure Halfords do list PayPal as an option for payment.

Go on, you know you want to ha ha.

kammy11

Advanced Member
Just won some high street vouchers at work so think I'll get myself the DA120. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
It's as if my stereo found out that I mentioned the possibility if it being replaced. The bloody thing has now developed a fault which happens for the first 10-20mins after not using it over-night. Music can be heard but the display won't come on and buttons don't work. Then eventually it will work again. Grrrrr!!

Typically it was purchased in November of last year so Alpines response was sorry but nothing we can do, over 1 year old.

Going to wait it out and see if it fixes itself until after xmas, if not I may have to bash the card some more.

Bewesy

Advanced Member
If you have an iPhone the DA120 is a no brainer. Really nice looking (sleek and plain) and decent functionality.

Not a huge amount of apps work over CarPlay but do you really need anything more than music, radio, nav and phone when your driving?

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Must.Resist.

Damn you Gok!

Anyone have any concerns about the double din being more appealing to sticky fingered thieving scrotes? Seeing as it can't be removed.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Must.Resist.

Damn you Gok!

Anyone have any concerns about the double din being more appealing to sticky fingered thieving scrotes? Seeing as it can't be removed.
I've had one for 8 years now. Never had any issues. Depends where you live/park/work really.

(Get one, you know you want to...)

adam.

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Must.Resist.

Damn you Gok!

You can leave the bolts at the bottom out, that way if someone really wants your stereo, they can take it without making a real mess.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I've had one for 8 years now. Never had any issues. Depends where you live/park/work really.

(Get one, you know you want to...)
Shhhhh, I can't hear you.

I was hoping my next purchase would be the Progress rear ARB. I didn't really bank on having to buy a new stereo after only 1year. Alpine have been crap, waiting to see if Car Audio Direct can offer any help.

It's annoying as it was purchased on November 6th of last year, so has only just passed the warranty period.

If they won't help I think I might just get the 120 and ignore Alpine from now on.

kammy11

Advanced Member
Got myself one of these the other day. Halfords were going a flash sale in my local store between 12 and 2. Luckily I was in, got an extra 10% off. Couldn't resist :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk