200,000 miles

masterjedijay

Advanced Member
The Teg went over the 200k (150k in my ownership) yesterday and as a treat I had a K100 fitted and mapped by Romain via TGM. Developed a healthy 227bhp with just a Fujisitbu and an AEM v2. Really pleased considering the mileage. Just shows you how well built these engines are. Tom has recommended that on the safe side I have the timing chain replaced so probably get that done early summer.

Jonathan

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
masterjedijay said:
The Teg went over the 200k (150k in my ownership) yesterday and as a treat I had a K100 fitted and mapped by Romain via TGM. Developed a healthy 227bhp with just a Fujisitbu and an AEM v2. Really pleased considering the mileage. Just shows you how well built these engines are. Tom has recommended that on the safe side I have the timing chain replaced so probably get that done early summer.

Jonathan
Great effort buddy! Do carry on would love to see a high comp engine from factory see 300k and beyond! For a petrol engine too that's good going!

Chewy

Advanced Member
Now that's a feat! Awesome to see your K20A doing so well and still providing great power.

Here's to the next 200K! :xgrin:

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
That is good going. My original was left to RIP after 250,000 after a mis-shift but I swear it would still be going today. I ended up dropping in a high comp cosworth built lump which has now also done 80k so chassis is now nearing 340k!!!

masterjedijay

Advanced Member
Thanks for the comments. I hope I can stretch it to 300k before an engine rebuild. Tom at TGM ran through the engine rebuild costs and its not cheap but if I am going to keep the car then it would be worth it.

adam.

Advanced Member
There's plenty of DC5's in the UK that are on 200,000 miles and the owners don't even know. :xgrin:

But, good work.