2006 front end on my 2001 car???

kenzo

Yo my fellow ITR drivers! I seen alot of pre-facelift (2001-03) cars running on Facelift (04-06) front end( Headlights and bumper) and vice verser. Does any 1 kno any infomation on this? am seriously thinking of this conversion, is it really that simple, just headlights and bumper? will the lights fit my current bonnet? does the front wing meet with the 06 headlight???

JDC5

Charged DC5
have you???? as i've not seen any in the uk at all lol

I've only seen it over in the clubrsx forum....

JD

kenzo

yrh sorry das wat I meant. in the States. I must admit they r pretty hardcore!!! hav the check out a silver RSX by Freshbox!!! NICE!! I wanna DE-wing tooo!!!!! :lol:

JT3173

Advanced Member
kenzo said:
yrh sorry das wat I meant. in the States. I must admit they r pretty hardcore!!! hav the check out a silver RSX by Freshbox!!! NICE!! I wanna DE-wing tooo!!!!! :lol:
Yo yo wassup, da ya fink u cud stp usin txt tlk on ere as its wel ard 2 wrk out wat ur sayin an it sounds real funE, fanx ;)

markie

Advanced Member
There was a blue o2 plate teg in fraserburgh the other week it had a facelift front bumper and headlights,the back was pre facelift i thought it looked odd.

kenzo

markie said:
There was a blue o2 plate teg in fraserburgh the other week it had a facelift front bumper and headlights,the back was pre facelift i thought it looked odd.
nah no way man I fink it looks awesome!!! so smoooth! ppl in the state do it all the time. In many repects its like Nissan Sil-80 and strawberry conversion hehe

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
kenzo said:
Yo does any 1 kno yrh sorry das wat I r wanna yrh das wat I r nah I fink it so smoooth! ppl in the state
WHAT? :xspank: English man, english...

JT3173

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
kenzo said:
Yo yo wassup, da ya fink u cud stp usin txt tlk on ere as its wel ard 2 wrk out wat ur sayin an it sounds real funE, fanx ;)
](*,) [-X

markie

Advanced Member
everybodys taste is different. but if i was going to look at buying a teg with a facelift front and prefacelift back it would make me wonder if it has been pranged and sorted with whatever parts they could get a hold off.

kenzo

Thats a fair point. but there's no way in hell am paying £13k for a facelift DC. I got my pre-facelift for 8K. Probs wudn't even cost me 2k to do the whole front and bak conversion. Lets say its time to sell her, I still have all the original part, so no crash was involed hehe :xcheers:

707 DC5

Advanced Member
It's not quite as easy as just swapping bumpers and lights (almost). In the front, you have to get a new bumper support and also do some wiring with the headlamps. In the rear you have to do drilling because the brackets for the tails don't match the holes that are already drilled for the 01-04 DC5's. The hardest part is actually finding the complete conversion at a decent price.