2006's dream head unit is...

Zero7

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W200&lang=en&tab=F

...when it his these shores I prophecise that most, if not all, of us will want one of these in our tegs :D

Keep your eyes peeled for the European version, likely to be called IVA-W200R.
sorry mate, that looks a bit big :lol: I'm just about to order a Clarion HX-D2, not available on these shores but supposed to be one of, if not the best head unit out there.

I've been a life long Alpine fan but their brightness is getting on my nerves, I want something with the same detail but without the edge and I beleive this Clarion unit will give me that.

I just won't be putting it in the Teg though as I can't hear my system too well after all my mods so the system is coming out.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Yep the Clarion isn't in the same league - it'll be an audiophile unit. This Alpine is more your mainstream product.

If you like the audiophile units have you looked at the Pioneer P9 combo, McIntosh and F#1 status?

Zero7

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
Yep the Clarion isn't in the same league - it'll be an audiophile unit. This Alpine is more your mainstream product.

If you like the audiophile units have you looked at the Pioneer P9 combo, McIntosh and F#1 status?
Yep looked at them all before deciding on the clarion, :)

ally_mac

Advanced Member
saw these headunits on the net the other day, i had the chance of getting the 1st one in the uk as my audio dealer was going 2spk 2alpine about it, but decided not to go for it and when for the alpine D310 instead.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
D310's a good choice however beware the problem with motorised screens is that the mechanism is fragile and wears out. Especially if oyu go cornering like a demon - these displays don't like abuse!

Zero7

Advanced Member
My car is so loud now I've decided to get rid of my system, such a waste :cry: I will probably keep the front comps and amp them with a small Geny monoblock.

I'll be removing my sub, and two amps from the rear. Never mind, it was good while it lasted but lots of £££ down the drain. :cry:

Zero7

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
I don't have that problem - as yet no performance mods :|
It's really sad as the race manifold, exhauast and cams have totally transformed the car and. It just seems like a total waste having a high end install if you can't enjoy the pleasure.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
How about dropping a butterfly valve in your zorst? close up the valve a bit for when you want some tunes and let it rip for when you don't...

Zero7

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
How about dropping a butterfly valve in your zorst? close up the valve a bit for when you want some tunes and let it rip for when you don't...
I could do but I love the wolhe rawness thing. Plus I only use the car at weekends at best so a £5k sound system is a little wasted. I'm buying another motorway oil-burner in the next month so I'll move my amps into that.

It's the sub box enclosure I'll be selling as that is made to fit.

Zero7

Advanced Member
andyd said:
are there any good double din units around?

Andy
Andy,

The benefit of single din is that you could fit the defi din gauges or EDFC in there if you wished :lol:

andyd

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
andyd said:
are there any good double din units around?

Andy
Andy,

The benefit of single din is that you could fit the defi din gauges or EDFC in there if you wished :lol:
Oooh yea never though of that! :oops: :lol:

Andy